• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Ultimate Double Dragon

Complete LOTDD - Now: Ultimate Double Dragon 3.0 (Final)

No permission to download
Project is completed.
I could not possibly badmouth Mr. Q, he is a top quality game maker and a pillar of the OpenBOR community. I may have only started posting recently but I've been around here for almost two years now. I've felt like the discourse here has been pretty pleasant so far.

I turned on the cheats, I really ended up enjoying the game. It got him a new fan who otherwise may not have had the patience (or let's face it, the skill) to play through these games.

You gotta understand, I'm getting old at this point (I'm a 90's kid). I play games for entertainment, not to "git gud" or whatever the kids these days call it. I'm not here to put on a skill exhibition, I work, I have small amounts of free time, and I just want to enjoy it when I do play a game. That's all. :)

I could not possibly badmouth Mr. Q, he is a top quality game maker and a pillar of the OpenBOR community. I may have only started posting recently but I've been around here for almost two years now. I've felt like the discourse here has been pretty pleasant so far.

I turned on the cheats, I really ended up enjoying the game. It got him a new fan who otherwise may not have had the patience (or let's face it, the skill) to play through these games.

You gotta understand, I'm getting old at this point (I'm a 90's kid). I play games for entertainment, not to "git gud" or whatever the kids these days call it. I'm not here to put on a skill exhibition, I work, I have small amounts of free time, and I just want to enjoy it when I do play a game. That's all. :)
Mr.Q is the one of the best imo, but I also turned on the cheats to give it a try. I enjoy the risk of a Game Over, but not worrying about the meter can make it more enjoyable, when all I wanna do is practice the move set during the campaign.

Last edited:
my personal opinion about the cheats on and off
some modders here design their game very hard not just on having smooth animations but even creating their own gameplay mechanics @Mr.Q! and all of this they designed with the aim that players can fully enjoy the games they make
An example, when modders seeing players play their games with 1cc will feel a sense of satisfaction

however there is a difference with hastily made games. Modders like this usually just put additional moves and copy paste the spawn enemy so that 1 screen is full without trying to play it at all and this creates an imbalance with the gameplay of their game, then many players have to activate the cheat code in order to finish the game

I personally have no issues with either because players have different tastes and conditions, some have plenty of time to play and some don't.
But of course if players can enjoy the game according to what the modder who made it wants This will make its own satisfaction

I will be forced to turn on cheats eventually if that helps dudes to get familiar with the game, it seems.

The game is almost finished, I am making the game cutscenes and finalizing some extra modes and that's it, the base game is already finished.

So I finally managed to play as Jimmy Lee, someone other than Chin and Ranzou. lol

I'm having no trouble killing enemies now! This leads me to believe that Chin/Ranzou's damage output just needs to be increased a little bit, maybe 20% or so. Enemies that I have to wail on relentlessly with C&R, Jimmy is flattening with no issue.

Other than that small gripe, this is a fantastic Double Dragon game, one worthy of a spot in any OpenBOR player's collection.

edit: Hey! I see some Terry Bogard in here.... lol. I'm on to you, Mr. Q.... :p

edit 2: If I could make one small suggestion, I love Jimmy's DD2 stance and how you can do the power knee/uppercut on demand, one thing I wish you could have done in that game without having to jump or recover from a knockdown first. However would it be possible to add a half second delay at the start of the crouch where the character can't stand? I can't do the uppercut without remapping my controls or holding the controller in a different manner than I'm used to because the way I have it set up on my Xbox One controller, Punch is X, Kick is Y, and Block is B. But I can't hold B and press X without changing to some weird overhand claw grip. I've remapped Block to Y and kick to B but this is difficult to remember lol. (remember, old man brain gets stuck in its ways and all.) If you could just make it so pressing Block and releasing right away makes him crouch for about a half second before standing, we could do the uppercut in time.

Very much appreciated, thank you!

edit 3: Oh! I didn't know the L2 and R2 triggers worked in OpenBOR games. Block is now Right Trigger and that solves the uppercut problem.

Just got around to trying Shaq, he's a lot cooler than I thought he would be! I love the distance on his teleport and really wish Ranzou's was that good.

His forward NBA shot doesn't hit enemies though, they're too short. It hits larger enemies like Abobo and the larger bosses but most enemies, it sails right past them.

Last edited:
In terms of fairnes, you gotta understand that:
Billy and Jimmy are the default available characters in the game, all other are 'prize' characters, so some of them feeling better than other is of course, intentional.
Jeff excels in easy juggles but has less Hp than the rest of the characters.
Sonny is the one that can juggle the most but you need to really master him.
OG Dragon keeps things simple and deals damage like a truck, but he is limited of course.
The Grandmasters have so many tools and have some unblockable attacks, you need to master both, not just one of them, in order to play them properly, they do OK damage due to their unblockable attacks, I hate the cheap stuff so this balances them.
Shaq n Spawn are definetly OP characters, lots of tools and projectiles, etc.

Shaq's fwd shot is intended to be that way, they have been made as combos extenders. If you wanna hit people right in front of you, try the water bottle or the downwards basketball shot.

You should watch some videos previously posted by me about Shaq and his shots, for a better understanding on how they work. I didn't want to have another character just like Spawn shooting everyone right ahead, I like to challenge the players all the time to find creative ways to deal more damage instead of goiing for the simple stuff.

Ah, okay, that makes sense then. I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not. I'll definitely have to check out those videos you mentioned.

Oh come on man, you should not be getting mad at people for something like this. People will always have all kind of complains no matter what we do and that's normal. We simply can't make everyone 100% happy because we all have different taste and patience levels as humans.

Also the sooner you will get used to the idea that this game too will eventualy get hacked, the better for you. Because securepak or not, this Is gonna happen, period! Look Golden Axe Myth and Night Shlashers, both securepaks are cracked, hacked to oblivion and the later even turned into a clown show.
By the way, in all this there is some good news too for you tho. I noticed that is very popular for people to adding the ninja turtules as playable on many games. So at least you did this already by yourself to your game so you don't need to worry about this one. Hey tha's something, right?

Also, what am i supposed to say, if you check youtube nowdays, my game has turned into the biggest clown show of all. And by the way here one i actually found kinda funny. There is the bike which Andre destroys in the intro of one mode in my game and they made the Bike a playable character.

So here it is! The revenge of the bike:

200% agree, and I'm going to make an observation too, I'm sorry beforehand if it sound harsh. Why I always see latin american fan game devs so concerned about this? Are you aware that most of the assets you are using came from proprietary IPs? The owners of these IPs can be concerned about the same things and point fingers at you too...
Also, there is the fact that some chinese guy will hack this and every other game no matter what.

I wouldn't worry so much about this stuff, and if it worries you so much that you want to quit, I'm sorry to say that you're nor prepared for this.

May i ask why did they don't include or remove the OG SNES handlock mechanics? I wish they would add it soon.

Last edited:
We're all looking forward to the great 1.0 release, just don't know when it will arrive...

Last edited:
hello everyone!!
Regarding the issue that bothered Magggas, I think the following:
We all started modeling someone else's mod, in fact I'm making a "Double Dragon Masters of SOUSETSUKEN" mod and based it on Magggas' mod.
It is good that we copy techniques, scenarios or scripts from another game because it is a good way to learn and be able to play.
I am also very careful when making a game and I can understand Magggas' anger, if one takes someone else's mod as a model, one must be careful when modifying it.
If you do it, it's to make it better and not put things that don't make sense or make the game ugly.
Let's treat the work and effort of others with respect.
Thank you Magggas for your great game!
I will be informing you about my mod. a hug to all and I wrote this with good intentions so that we can continue having fun with better and better games.
Thank you very much a hug to all!!;)

¡¡hola a todos!!
Respecto al tema que molestaba a Magggas, pienso lo siguiente:
Todos empezamos a tomar como modelo el mod de otra persona, de hecho estoy haciendo uno "Double Dragon Masters of SOUSETSUKEN" y lo he basado en el mod de Magggas.
Es bueno que copiemos técnicas, escenarios o guiones de otro juego porque es una buena forma de aprender y poder jugar.
También soy muy cuidadoso al hacer un juego y puedo entender el enfado de Magggas, si uno toma como modelo el mod de otra persona, hay que tener cuidado al modificarlo.
Si lo haces es para hacerlo mejor y no poner cosas que no tienen sentido o feo el juego.
Tratemos con respeto el trabajo y esfuerzo de los demás.
¡Gracias Magggas por tu gran juego!
Les estaré informando sobre mi mod. un abrazo a todos y escribí esto con buenas intenciones para que podamos seguir divirtiéndonos con cada vez mejores juegos.
muchas gracias un abrazo a todos!!;)

Still playing this game, great replay value I find out something new everytime. Lots of awesome little details, thanks so much MR Q you're my hero!? :love:

I only wish for an option to built meter normally without taunting, stage select and a survival horde mode but it's still super awesome anyway

Still playing this game, great replay value I find out something new everytime. Lots of awesome little details, thanks so much MR Q you're my hero!? :love:

I only wish for an option to built meter normally without taunting, stage select and a survival horde mode but it's still super awesome anyway
I agree, I don’t mind using the style switch but a small boost of meter with every hit would be nice.

Hey folks, just wanted to say that I've tried the demo some time ago (not the latest one) and I'm impressed how complex this project seems. Is there a estimated release date?
I'm also wondering if this is based on any Double Dragon franchise entry gameplay-wise? Because I haven't played any DD game except Gaiden (Loving it) and I wonder I'll be at a big disadvantage having no knowledge of Double Dragon :) Cheers

Ultimate Double Dragon feels like an achievement. Congrats on the release, @Mr.Q!

I hope one day you'll tell us the whole story:
- how this module was born,
- how you felt about SNES Double Dragon (I often hear it was rushed),
- how the mod evolved into the marvel it has become today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom