• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Chronocrash Modders Tools

ChronoCrash Modders Tools 0.5.30

No permission to download
When I was taking a look at the animation tab after selecting a character to check, I receive this warning box. Look at this attachment along with the bottom details in quote. Is it because I have plenty of scripts here? Before, with the previous version, I didn't have that crash with plenty scripts until I got the latest one.

Bottom details:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "qutepart\__init__.py", line 1215, in paintEvent
    self._drawIndentMarkersAndEdge(event.rect())
  File "qutepart\__init__.py", line 1207, in _drawIndentMarkersAndEdge
    drawWhiteSpace(block, column, text[column])
  File "qutepart\__init__.py", line 1128, in drawWhiteSpace
    painter.drawRect(QRect(xPos, middleHeight, 2, 2))
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:
  QRect(): too many arguments
  QRect(int, int, int, int): argument 1 has unexpected type 'float'
  QRect(QPoint, QPoint): argument 1 has unexpected type 'float'
  QRect(QPoint, QSize): argument 1 has unexpected type 'float'
  QRect(QRect): argument 1 has unexpected type 'float'

Attachments

• crash-report000000.png
    crash-report000000.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 4
  • crash-report000001.png
    crash-report000001.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
When I was taking a look at the animation tab after selecting a character to check, I receive this warning box. Look at this attachment along with the bottom details in quote. Is it because I have plenty of scripts here? Before, with the previous version, I didn't have that crash with plenty scripts until I got the latest one.

Bottom details:
Don't worry this has nothing to do with your files. I expected these kind of bugs because I updated some libraries and got similar warnings in some places. I fixed those I stumbled upon but I expected there was more. I'll try to fix these tomorrow ;)

Piccolo updated Chronocrash Modders Tools with a new update entry:

Small fix

Fixed the bug reported by @maxman here :

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you so much for the fix, Piccolo. But now there's another error I found after I tried to display the code in the animation tab. The code I'm trying to display is a freespecial animation with this particular script.

Code:
anim    freespecial11 #Light Hadouken but no need for repeating execution
@script
if(frame==0){
    void self = getlocalvar("self");
    setlocalvar("hadouken_count" + self, 0);
    int i;
    for(i = 0; i < openborvariant("count_entities"); ++i){
        void ent = getentity(i);
        if(getentityproperty(ent, "exists")){
            if(getentityproperty(ent, "type") == openborconstant("type_trap") && getentityproperty(ent, "model") == "Hadoken"){
                setlocalvar("hadouken_count" + self, getlocalvar("hadouken_count" + self) +1);
            }
        }
    }

int hadouken_count = getlocalvar("hadouken_count" + self);
    if(hadouken_count<1){
        performattack(self, openborconstant("ani_follow22"));
    }
    setlocalvar("hadouken_count" + self, NULL());
}
@end_script
    offset    25 99
    bbox    0 0 52 103
    delay 6
    @cmd    clearL
    platform    4 99 0 0 50 50 1 75
    @cmd setindexedvar "fightStarted" 1
    frame    data/chars/ryu/0000000000.gif

Error details:
Code:
  File "gui\entity\__init__.py", line 384, in notifyChange
  File "gui\entity\__init__.py", line 1191, in loadFrame
  File "gui\entity\__init__.py", line 55, in getWall
  File "gui\level\items.py", line 256, in __init__
  File "gui\level\items.py", line 359, in updatePolygon

TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:
  QPoint(): too many arguments
  QPoint(int, int): argument 1 has unexpected type 'float'
  QPoint(QPoint): argument 1 has unexpected type 'float'

Attachments

• crash-report000002.png
    crash-report000002.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 6
done, in the next release you'll be able do disable this by unchecking the "Tab always indent" option in the menu toolbar.
Thank you so much for the fix on the indentation option and the platform that caused a crash. What's funny is that the opposite works when it's checked. Having the "tab always indent" option checked works to space out where the blinking cursor is. Having it unchecked spaces out from the very beginning of its line.

Thank you so much for the fix on the indentation option and the platform that caused a crash. What's funny is that the opposite works when it's checked. Having the "tab always indent" option checked works to space out where the blinking cursor is. Having it unchecked spaces out from the very beginning of its line.
Indeed. It's not really reversed but there is "lag" in the application of this setting (because of something I missed) to the currently opened editors. So when you change this setting, it will effectively apply to the currently opened editors the next time you change it again o_O:LOL: I just fixed this problem in the code but as it is really minor I won't build an update just for that. It will be included in the next update.

After viewing or opening the level tab, I clicked on any of the text tab there and received a crash.

Details:
Code:
  File "gui\main\__init__.py", line 369, in <lambda>
  File "gui\main\__init__.py", line 214, in setView
  File "gui\main\__init__.py", line 309, in updateFD
  File "gui\level\__init__.py", line 94, in rebuildText
  File "gui\level\items.py", line 82, in getCoords
AttributeError: 'Entity' object has no attribute 'at'

EDIT: I clicked on one of the levels (subway stage) and received this one. Here's another error:

Code:
  File "gui\main\__init__.py", line 376, in <lambda>
  File "gui\main\__init__.py", line 258, in setView
  File "gui\level\__init__.py", line 48, in loadLines
  File "gui\level\__init__.py", line 410, in loadLines
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '1865#1865'

EDIT 2: Like @O Ilusionista and @Bruce, the first spawned entites of types (type enemy, type panel) appear in this editor, so not all of the entities with given spawn positions appear.

In the third attachment, I clicked the cancel button and started to click on the text tab. Then I received another one.

Code:
  File "gui\main\__init__.py", line 367, in <lambda>
  File "gui\main\__init__.py", line 214, in setView
  File "gui\main\__init__.py", line 309, in updateFD
  File "gui\level\__init__.py", line 94, in rebuildText
  File "gui\level\items.py", line 82, in getCoords
AttributeError: 'Entity' object has no attribute 'at'

Attachments

• crash-report000003.png
    crash-report000003.png
    125 KB · Views: 6
  • crash-report000004.png
    crash-report000004.png
    113.3 KB · Views: 5
  • crash-report000005.png
    crash-report000005.png
    119 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
After viewing or opening the level tab, I clicked on any of the text tab there and received a crash.

I'll need a data folder to fix this. This is related to how things are written in your level file. Maybe there is something wrong, maybe not, but anyway I need to write code to handle these cases.

@Piccolo

Hey man, I was editing levels and received this error message. After a few tests, I see that it's related to the 8° parameter in the hole function (the "ALT"), there's no error if I remove it.

Long time ago I added "alt" to holes trying to fix some wrong behaviours, I don't remember exactly what. I can remove it from my mod anyway but maybe other modders can experience the same issue, because the hole command has 9 parameters in the manual.

1674608759466.png

Other than that, I'm glad you are updating CMT, it is the one I use most.
Please, let me know if you need a help to test the next version.

Ok I fixed it in the code, it will be good in the next release.

As for testing, I'm not currently adding new functionalities on my own, so there is nothing in need for testing right now (other than what's already there ofc). Though as I said I'm open to requests for fixes and new features (provided said requests are very clearly specified).

EDIT 2: Like @O Ilusionista and @Bruce, the first spawned entites of types (type enemy, type panel) appear in this editor, so not all of the entities with given spawn positions appear.
I even downloaded the latest update, the problem still remains the same as only about 5-10% of the entities (objects, enemies, etc.) can be shown up in the level editor although I can see them all in the text editor. Somehow, the software can not load all the entity sprites (pictures) in the level editor. Whenever I have a chance, I'll have to make a copy of the data folder and send it to him, so he can take a look at it.

I even downloaded the latest update, the problem still remains the same as only about 5-10% of the entities (objects, enemies, etc.) can be shown up in the level editor although I can see them all in the text editor. Somehow, the software can not load all the entity sprites (pictures) in the level editor. Whenever I have a chance, I'll have to make a copy of the data folder and send it to him, so he can take a look at it.
It definitely can load everything on the level files I used. My guess is that in your level files, one entity is declared in a slightly different way, and that it prevents this entity and the following ones to be properly loaded. That doesn't mean there is something wrong in the way said entity is declared, but the way it is declared is currently not recognized by CMT (even if it is recognized by the engine). But I can only make the program recognize this possibility if I know what there is to recognize 🙃 Though it is just a guess, maybe it is an entirely other problem. Anyway that's precisely why I need data to see for myself what's going on 😉

@Piccolo Man, I found a small issue on the level section similar to the character's section, where some things will not be loaded on the first try.
Here's a video:

Ok thanks for the feedback. I just applied to everything else the same fix that I applied to entities earlier. Hopefully it should do the trick (can't be sure, I didn't have this problem with levels, my guess is that it only happens when there is a lot of elements). Will be rolled in next release. I'll wait a bit to upload it, in case someone send me data related to the problem with the level editor.

It definitely can load everything on the level files I used. My guess is that in your level files, one entity is declared in a slightly different way, and that it prevents this entity and the following ones to be properly loaded. That doesn't mean there is something wrong in the way said entity is declared, but the way it is declared is currently not recognized by CMT (even if it is recognized by the engine). But I can only make the program recognize this possibility if I know what there is to recognize 🙃 Though it is just a guess, maybe it is an entirely other problem. Anyway that's precisely why I need data to see for myself what's going on 😉
I've been trying to modify this existing game to make it my own and also learning about the openbor engine.
So it could just their level.txt is not properly declared for CMT to recognize.
I'm just so busy with alot of things in life. I'll send you the data folder when I get a chance. How can I send it to you privately?

Haven't said that your software is so genius... make it easier for us, especially newbie like me..be able to drag and drop is just so nice,
Thank you so much for hard work.
Let me know if you accept donation from us for your hard work!
I always wanted to make video games. Fortunely, this openbor engine is powerful and not too difficult to learn either, especially with this helpful forum.
Thank you so much and god less you

I've been trying to modify this existing game to make it my own and also learning about the openbor engine.
So it could just their level.txt is not properly declared for CMT to recognize.
I'm just so busy with alot of things in life. I'll send you the data folder when I get a chance. How can I send it to you privately?

Haven't said that your software is so genius... make it easier for us, especially newbie like me..be able to drag and drop is just so nice,
Thank you so much for hard work.
Let me know if you accept donation from us for your hard work!
I always wanted to make video games. Fortunely, this openbor engine is powerful and not too difficult to learn either, especially with this helpful forum.
Thank you so much and god less you
From the point of view of some oldtimer user of the engine.
And a guy who tried many regular stuffs with the engine :

You should first try making easy stuffs with the engine itself and notepad.
This too is not meant to replace "knowledge" of how the basic/regular stuffs are made.

(perhaps more advanced programers would not confirm that)

Back
Top Bottom