• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Chronocrash Modders Tools

ChronoCrash Modders Tools 0.5.30

No permission to download
EDIT : Ok I figured it out. The problem was with the search/filter function, it messed up with the expanded/collapsed state, because I needed to expand collapsed nodes that had children matching the filter and then when you reverted back to the general view without filters the nodes opened by the filtering stayed opened, and that was confusing. But now the program keep two states for this (one for the view without filter, and one when filtering) and it seems to work great thus far. Will be rolled in next release.
Great! Thank you very much :)

EDIT: Maybe a single button to collapse everything would be good, or an option to always start collapsed.

"scrollx" and "scrollz" later, I need to figure out how it would work visually. Because you want something visual for that right ? If you already have a visual idea in your mind for that, try to describe it. Do you also want to be able to edit them visually ?

I ask that because if I understood correctly you can dynamically change scrollx and scrollz multiple times with "at". So I'm trying to think how it would look like with three or four in one level.
Sure. I can make an illustration how scrollx is used. But I need to consult with @Bloodbane how it's used for scrolling from right to left using direction left or leftright. I do wanna scroll back and forth when I use direction leftright, but I worry about its scrolling effect going wrong.

Great! Thank you very much :)

EDIT: Maybe a single button to collapse everything would be good, or an option to always start collapsed.
Now the behavior (in the next release) is this :
  • Library (entities, levels) always start collapsed when you launch the program.
    • But as you expand/collapse nodes, they always keep their state while the program is running
    • Even when you search/filter something, at the end of the search nodes state revert back to how you left them before the search
  • Opened files always start expanded when you open them (so that you can see the file that you are editing in the tree view)
    • But you can expand/collapse folders and files nodes and they will keep their state both while running the program AND when you restart the program (their opened/collapsed state is saved and restored)
  • Added two buttons, one to collapse everything and the other to expand everything.

Piccolo updated Chronocrash Modders Tools with a new update entry:

A heftier update

Changelog

[VISUAL LEVEL EDITOR]

- You can now let entities play their idle animation in the level editor, to simulate the engine running. Not really useful indeed, but it paves the way for visualizing useful stuff in the future (setting up cool animated intros/scenes with multiple entities, setting up complex grab animations, and so on). There is a button "play" in the upper left corner to toggle animations. It's on by default but if you want it off by default just uncheck "Options =>...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Piccolo

Amazing job, man! The collapse/expand functions are working very well plus with the new buttons, and I'm loving the updates on the level editor too :)
And now the editor will memorize every section collapsed/expanded the same as in the last time you entered, which is great.

I only found two errors:

After a deep test, I discovered that it happens if you have entity names using the " - " character. You can see that the error occurred in the Big-Ben enemy, but after renaming he to BigBen the error didn't happen anymore.
1675280988289.png

This one happens after opening and closing the editor more than 2 times, after that this error appears and the editor will not open anymore. The only way I discovered to open the editor is by erasing the "ob-utils" in the "Roaming" Windows folder.
1675281027600.png

@Piccolo

Amazing job, man! The collapse/expand functions are working very well plus with the new buttons, and I'm loving the updates on the level editor too :)
And now the editor will memorize every section collapsed/expanded the same as in the last time you entered, which is great.

I only found two errors:

After a deep test, I discovered that it happens if you have entity names using the " - " character. You can see that the error occurred in the Big-Ben enemy, but after renaming he to BigBen the error didn't happen anymore.
View attachment 3009

This one happens after opening and closing the editor more than 2 times, after that this error appears and the editor will not open anymore. The only way I discovered to open the editor is by erasing the "ob-utils" in the "Roaming" Windows folder.
View attachment 3010
I see. Can you tell me if "Big-Ben" was declared as "Big-Ben" or "BigBen" in models.txt ? I think it's basically this, in the code where it crashes, I took the name from the character file and not models.txt. It is more convenient for reopening files, but I guess it doesn't work in these cases.

Ok the second one never happened to me on Linux, but it happened once in my virtual Windows. It has to do with the new cache. But not sure what exactly :unsure:

EDIT : Hum ok it's actually obvious now what is it haha

Last edited:
Yeah, I declared "Big-Ben" in both models.txt and the character file, and in the second test I removed from both.
Hum interesting. Anyway I think (hope haha) it won't crash in the next update. I'm currently uploading it. Please tell me if the second bug is fixed when you can, because that one is very important.

For anyone who can't reopen the software after one of the last update :

Basically, if you don't want to keep your settings you have two options :

Option 1 / Download the new version of the app. It will ask you if you want to delete your settings, click yes, and then restart the app, and you are done !

Option 2 / Delete the settings manually :

Go to : C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ob-utils\

and delete settings.ini (note that AppData is a hidden folder).

Option 3 ) If you wan't to keep your settings, open settings.ini and delete the whole section starting with "[cache]". Normally there is nothing after it so you can delete everything starting from here to the end of the file. The program should run again. But use the newer version so that settings don't become corrupted again.

Last edited:

Hot Fix

Added a prompt to automatically delete settings in some cases where said settings are corrupted.

If you used some of the last revisions on Windows, maybe you can no longer open the app. It is because of corrupted settings (due to a bug with the new cache feature in Windows).

With this new version, the app will try to detect corrupted settings, and if it does, it will ask you if you want to delete them (so you don't have to do it manually). Then you just have to restart the app and it...

Hot Fix

Added a prompt to automatically delete settings in some cases where said settings are corrupted.

If you used some of the last revisions on Windows, maybe you can no longer open the app. It is because of corrupted settings (due to a bug with the new cache feature in Windows).

With this new version, the app will try to detect corrupted settings, and if it does, it will ask you if you want to delete them (so you don't have to do it manually). Then you just have to restart the app and it...

@Piccolo

I don't think this is exactly a bug because even the engine, if I'm not wrong, requires it but if I load a level and there's any entity with no "IDLE" animation it will return an error message. I can easily fix it by adding the IDLE anim but maybe the CMT could show a warning message for the user or scan for other animations as alternatives.

1675289668335.png

This is the entity that is causing the error.

1675289709627.png

@Piccolo

I don't think this is exactly a bug because even the engine, if I'm not wrong, requires it but if I load a level and there's any entity with no "IDLE" animation it will return an error message. I can easily fix it by adding the IDLE anim but maybe the CMT could show a warning message for the user or scan for other animations as alternatives.

View attachment 3014
This is the entity that is causing the error.

View attachment 3015
Yes, I recently started implementing those kinds of warnings (for missing "coords", missing "at", and so on). So I'll add this one.

EDIT : done, will be included in next release.

Last edited:
Yes, I recently started implementing those kinds of warnings (for missing "coords", missing "at", and so on). So I'll add this one.

EDIT : done, will be included in next release.

If I might suggest, don't make those sorts of warnings too prominent. As the engine progresses, we tend to allow certain things missing, and creators might be leaving certain settings out on purpose. It would be annoying if the editor wouldn't continue or nag you so much it's unusable.

DC

If I might suggest, don't make those sorts of warnings too prominent. As the engine progresses, we tend to allow certain things missing, and creators might be leaving certain settings out on purpose. It would be annoying if the editor wouldn't continue or nag you so much it's unusable.

DC
Yeah actually I was thinking about that yesterday. I was wondering if entities were spawned correctly anyway if they had no "coords" and no "at" set. Didn't test, but if yes, then I see no reason to make the warnings for that as prominent as they are now. The way I see it prominent warnings should be reserved to the detection of forbidden behavior, that is things that will not actually work in the engine, and therefore that CMT should not allow either.

Yeah actually I was thinking about that yesterday. I was wondering if entities were spawned correctly anyway if they had no "coords" and no "at" set. Didn't test, but if yes, then I see no reason to make the warnings for that as prominent as they are now. The way I see it prominent warnings should be reserved to the detection of forbidden behavior, that is things that will not actually work in the engine, and therefore that CMT should not allow either.
It's true, I agree with you both. I was thinking about the idle animation absence and once it works fine in the engine with no crash, it could be allowed to work on CMT too.

In fact CMT already works fine in case you open an entity with no "anim idle", it simply doesn't preview any animation on the start and the user must manually select any other animation available . This behaviour is good and doesn't need any warning.

EDIT: I forgot to say, the error appears only on the level editor if you click on the "level" tab, in the "text" tab the editor doesn't show any error. I suppose that the idle is used as default animation to show the entities in the level editor.

Last edited:
So I separated strong warnings (literally errors detected, requiring user correction) and soft warnings (things that have been detected and that you might want to be aware but that don't need to be corrected).

Strong warnings will not necessarily prevent the loading from continuing but the program will force you to be aware of the warning during the loading process (popup/message box).
Soft warnings will just be logged and available to read in an optional log integrated in the GUI.

With that in place now I only need to be sure if a specific warning should be a strong one (error) or soft one. In doubt I'll probably err on the side of assuming it is a soft warning.

Hi Piccolo, I use the latest version of CMT and I've got the following error when I'm trying to change the y value of the attackbox on the right side (with the arrows).

Attachments

• attackbox change.png
    attackbox change.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom