I'd like that in every game there this....

Steven1985

Active member
Hi, I like very much the games made with OpenBOR. But to every game I'd like to add some things . I know nothing of programming but I know that you need to write scripts to have what you want.

1- I take the game Final Fight 3 for SNES as a model. In this game there is the possibility also to play with a second player commanded by the CPU. I'd like know what I have to put in the script to have also this option, how to see the lives and the energy bar; if he / she loses his / her lives how to insert him / her during the game by a button with the possibility to choose the character and choose his / her uniform if has more than one.

2- I'd like to add a button that does the special moves that require half moons, ect. I like executing the special moves or complex moves pressing only a button. For example the "Hadoken" di Ryu in Street Fighter that you execute it with half moon + button , I want to do it pressing only a button.

3- How to activate the autofire to a button.

I thank you in advance.



 

Attachments

  • Final Fight 3 (USA)_00000.png
    Final Fight 3 (USA)_00000.png
    7 KB · Views: 0
  • Final Fight 3 (USA)_00001.png
    Final Fight 3 (USA)_00001.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Final Fight 3 (USA)_00002.png
    Final Fight 3 (USA)_00002.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 3
Steven1985 said:

Adding a CPU partner isn't difficult at all. But including it in the HUD requires you to write a HUD generation script. It's more than I can add in this quick reply, but there are examples you can find around the forum. Check out Golden Axe Remake. It uses script to generate the main HUD, and you can use it as an example of how to do it for an NPC.


Just add a command. That's it. You don't need a script or anything tricky - the command system for specials will accept any single button input.


What exactly are you trying to do?  Shooting, rapid fire punching? Depending on your needs I think Bloodbane's Contra modules have something like that you can look at.

HTH some,
DC
 
Steven1985 said:
Hi, I like very much the games made with OpenBOR. But to every game I'd like to add some things . I know nothing of programming but I know that you need to write scripts to have what you want.

1- I take the game Final Fight 3 for SNES as a model. In this game there is the possibility also to play with a second player commanded by the CPU. I'd like know what I have to put in the script to have also this option, how to see the lives and the energy bar; if he / she loses his / her lives how to insert him / her during the game by a button with the possibility to choose the character and choose his / her uniform if has more than one.

2- I'd like to add a button that does the special moves that require half moons, ect. I like executing the special moves or complex moves pressing only a button. For example the "Hadoken" di Ryu in Street Fighter that you execute it with half moon + button , I want to do it pressing only a button.

3- How to activate the autofire to a button.

I thank you in advance.

Hi Steven1985
I made a experimental NPC partner in my game, you can use all codes if you find it useful. About the hud, you can use the "life meter" script as base to show any other info like mp, guardpoints, etc...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r7O1hKoD-7Vs2q5kxI3k7GrXuG1Wn7dj

You can see NPC partner in action at 4:16 in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRj7YOIcYaE&t=250s
 
Steven1985 said:
3- How to activate the autofire to a button.

I can imagine what autofire is in shooter games such as run n gun or shmups but not sure what it does in beatmups. Maybe you want this: instead of tapping attack button, holding attack button is enough to perform the whole combo or at least repeating first attack if it hasn't connect yet
 
Bloodbane said:
Steven1985 said:
3- How to activate the autofire to a button.

I can imagine what autofire is in shooter games such as run n gun or shmups but not sure what it does in beatmups. Maybe you want this: instead of tapping attack button, holding attack button is enough to perform the whole combo or at least repeating first attack if it hasn't connect yet

Yes, exactly as you say.
 
Back
Top Bottom