Hi Bloodbane, I like this custom resolution and this constant animation in title, game and hall of fame screen that makes you go deeper and deeper.
The bubbles spawn during the moves are fun. My criticisms are that is difficult to shoot the enemies when they hunt you and some enemies are faster than the player and give him no chance to escape.
Yeah, you need to get used to shooting mechanics in this game. It allows strafing and shoot in 8 direction so you have to be real quick when switching from shooting to one direction to other direction.
You can download it in link in 1st post above.
It features many updates such as:
1. More enemies
2. Easier upgrade
3. Deeper = Darker
4. Another background layer
I tried your game and it is more enjoyable now . An good improvement could be to have an indication on which direction the shoot is set. I could be simply displayed on the playable character, like a mouth for example.