Why is "Anim Dodge" not working on a Wii OpenBoR

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikeyn1gm
  • Start date Start date
M

mikeyn1gm

Guest
When I'm playing Streets of Rage XXX.......I can usually roll by tapping up or down twice on the PC

BUT when I play on the Wii........This action seems to be disabled. Why is that? and how can I fix it?

(BTW I can still Run by forward twice so this doesn't make sense)
 
The only difference I see between the "Dodge" animation and the other animations for the characters is that it does not have "Loop" in it................

I was thinking that maybe inserting it may fix it........but then that begs the question as to Why it still works without "Loop" on the PC?
 
Damn! that didnt work.........I can't figure out what the problem is............could it be an OpenBoR engine problem?
 
Either it's a problem with the Wii port's implementation of the Dodge command, or perhaps it's a latency problem with the Wii port's controls. Maybe for some reason, it doesn't register directional keys in the same fashion as the other OpenBOR ports? That could explain why Dodge isn't working--as up-up/down-down has to be pressed within a certain timing.
 
NickyP said:
Either it's a problem with the Wii port's implementation of the Dodge command, or perhaps it's a latency problem with the Wii port's controls. Maybe for some reason, it doesn't register directional keys in the same fashion as the other OpenBOR ports? That could explain why Dodge isn't working--as up-up/down-down has to be pressed within a certain timing.

If this helps...........I usually play with a Gamecube Controller so I tried with the Wii Remote to see if it was a controller problem but still no response...

There's no problems with "left-left/right-right" because running is working without any issues..............It's just the dodging that is non-existent for some reason


Is there any appropriate Engine "Glitch/Bug" fix request area here so that this is taken to notice? I'm just surprised this hasn't been brought up before......but at the same time, I can't expect everybody here to be an OpenBoR Wii user
 
Back
Top Bottom