OpenBOR Not Starting Properly/Crashing

Sgruber

New member
It seems that if I place more than one pak file in the paks folder OpenBOR will not start properly. It hangs and will not respond. Doesn't matter which version of OpenBOR I use. Am I missing something? I know it's possible to have many paks in the paks folder as I have seen plenty of videos showing OpenBOR starting with a menu listing all the paks available (like one would place roms in a roms folder for various emulators). If there's only one pak file in the paks folder it seems to run fine until I add another. Tried on Windows and Wii.
 
Sgruber said:
Sgruber,

Welcome to the forum. Is there a data folder too? Post the log - OpenBOR isn't crashing, it's shutting down, and in most cases the log tells you what went wrong.

DC
 
Should each pak be placed within it's own separate folder within the paks folder rather than just multiple paks inside the paks folder?
 
No, you can have as many packs as you like. Again, please post the log output. Otherwise we don't have any clue to work with.

DC
 
So, no log yet but I think I've pinpointed the issue. It seems as if I have Double Dragon Reloaded Alternate in the paks folder it can only be there by itself. It will run fine if it's the only pak file present. If there are other pak files then OpenBOR will hang on the loading screen. If it's not there all other paks will run fine. Any ideas? Again, not sure which log you want me to share. Thank you.
 
Back
Top Bottom