• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Mortal Kombat 1

O Ilusionista

Captain 80K
1684420382050.png

A new era has begun.

It's In Our Blood. Discover a reborn Mortal Kombat Universe created by Fire God Liu Kang. Mortal Kombat 1 ushers in a new era of the iconic franchise with a new fighting system, game modes, and Fatalities!

Mortal Kombat 1 pre-orders go live tomorrow, May 19 @ 10:00am PT. Pre-Orders receive Shang Tsung as a playable character. PlayStation and Xbox players will also receive Beta access, available in August.

More info: 1

----

Personally, I felt it's a lazy idea. ANOTHER reboot? Liu Kang had reseted the timeline...to make a new one with the same the same enemy which appears in almost every single MK game before?
Another concern I have: Liu Kang seems to lose control in the trailer. I really hope they don't use the "powerful person who loses control of his power and becomes a villain" cliché...

Q: Which characters will be available in Mortal Kombat 1?
A: Mortal Kombat 1 will feature reimagined fighters like they’ve never been seen before, including Liu Kang, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, Shang Tsung, Johnny Cage, and many others.

Q: What are Kameo Fighters and how do they work in Mortal Kombat 1?
A: Kameo Fighters are a unique roster of partner characters to assist during matches, creating expanded gameplay possibilities for players. These characters are chosen separately from the main roster of fighters.

Too much mortal kombat.....

i remember that in 2019 while looking for texture editing ideas for No-mercy, i tried to see where the story was, before the xbox 360 games and the first "reset" (the whole pyramid big boss thing)

it was overwhelming - there is a ton of characters....
then the reset games - at first it seemed OK, some stuff was cool , but the humor of the 16 bit era games was long gone -
and some weird omissions - like no Motaro for the MK3 segments...

after those 360 era games i could not keep up technology wise, so youtube videos are the only option to keep with the story
saw that lots of characters where cut or only left to the background story, new characters where introduced (mainly sons and daughters of some of the OG's) and we ended on another reset...

so we are possibly in the multiverse phase of the franchise, and it is lazy if they just focus on the liu kang verse -
especially since some of the game endings suggest that there are "Old ones" as in H.P. lovecraft chaos god types -

graphics look great, but i wish some of the designs for some of the characters would resemble the old 16 bit games a bit more...

After John Tobias left the franchise, creativity for new MK games ended.
MK9 is a great game because it's MK, MK2, MK3 with story changes.

I'm pretty disappointed with this MK reboot 😞

I just LOVED IT! Every single second of it!With just one trailer, I liked it WAY MORE than the SF6 whole game.
Well played, NRS!
I've been away from the Mortal Kombat franchise for years but indeed that's one hell of a teaser.
Also the trailer really feels like watching a good movie or a TV series, it's mesmerizing.

Good devs often succeed in pouring their passion into their games:
It feels like MK devs had fun making their game and showing it to the world. Very promising.

When I read the confirmed Roster above I had to check on Jean-Claude Van Damme. ^^
That's how I came upon a gameplay vid explaining how Johnny Cage will get an exclusive sytem.

The Hype Meter - a Star located in the lower left corner - increases as you do special moves/taunts.
When it's full, you can activate it which allows to cancel special moves into others. Combos. See Hype Meter at "1:23 sec":

This Hype Meter reminds me of Streets of Rage X somehow. :ninja:

Last edited:
This game look's awesome i can't wait to play the story mode. But all i been hearing "And i have watched a few video's" That Johnny Cage is super OP in the Beta and people are crying about it hahaha.

I would have loved to have seen the original Mk1 game and graphic style redone in modern 3D, so I was kind of meh when I saw the big concept is Lui Kang in his house clothes.

This game look's awesome i can't wait to play the story mode. But all i been hearing "And i have watched a few video's" That Johnny Cage is super OP in the Beta and people are crying about it hahaha.
If I am not mistaken Cage on MK1 is the top tier, I didn't even realize Liu Kang was the main character of this game back then
until the MK2 release
I even still remember Cage fatality since I always played him, f f f A button (mega drive 3 buttons)

If I am not mistaken Cage on MK1 is the top tier, I didn't even realize Liu Kang was the main character of this game back then
until the MK2 release
I even still remember Cage fatality since I always played him, f f f A button (mega drive 3 buttons)
Yeah i think your right buddy. I still remember everyone's fatality input's from the first game hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom