level ?

I think I know what you mean, Have a look at camera type

cameratype {bi}

This sets camera's movement relative to player's movement. Camera means screen which shows level we are playing. It is much easier to understand if level allows scrolling back since you can see how camera moves if player goes back.
0 = Camera only follows player's horizontal movement.
1 = Camera follows player's horizontal and vertical movement. Normally used in wide levels and vertical levels (for 2D mods)
If set to 1, panel's height controls how far up or down camera can go (both in z and y).
 
danno said:
I think I know what you mean, Have a look at camera type

cameratype {bi}

This sets camera's movement relative to player's movement. Camera means screen which shows level we are playing. It is much easier to understand if level allows scrolling back since you can see how camera moves if player goes back.
0 = Camera only follows player's horizontal movement.
1 = Camera follows player's horizontal and vertical movement. Normally used in wide levels and vertical levels (for 2D mods)
If set to 1, panel's height controls how far up or down camera can go (both in z and y).

In theory if there were a tall 4 sided tall building and the player was facing north or up  could the camera be used to angle so that it would stay on the player if he turned around a corner? Or is that too 3D-ish for OB?
 
O Ilusionista said:
Here: https://dcemulation.org/index.php?title=OpenBORManual#Non-Graphics
I strongly suggest you to read the whole manual, you will learn a lot from it.


Thanks buddy. I have read the whole manual few times but I still sometimes have questions and there's a lot especially when you are going from one thing to the next sprite animation, coding palettes it's a lot to take in in 8 months.....manuals and texts are great but sometimes it's no substitute for an consulting an experienced person such as yourself  Danno NSW Bloodbane, DC, who can be more detailed in explaining things.  I also learned a lot from other mods and going through the files.
 
Back
Top Bottom