Launching Openbor from Emulationstation

feral

New member
Hi, I've been trying to launch Openbor from Emulationstation, but for that I need either of two things:

1) Ability to launch Paks from command line. I've found this command:
Code:
openbor.exe -pak Mypak.pak
but instead of loading into pak directly it opens openbor and tells me "no paks in pak directory"

2)Ability to use gamepad in initial Opebor menu to select Paks from there.

Can you please help me with at least one of the requests?
 
feral said:
1) Ability to launch Paks from command line. I've found this command:
Code:
openbor.exe -pak Mypak.pak
but instead of loading into pak directly it opens openbor and tells me "no paks in pak directory"

This would be useful, but looking at the source code, it doesn't look like we currently support any command line options.

2)Ability to use gamepad in initial Opebor menu to select Paks from there.

You can do this by setting up your gamepad in the control settings of any game, then go to System Options > Config Settings > Save Settings to Default.cfg.
 
Ok, would be great if CLI would eventually be implemented.

Now, with your suggestion to save default cfg I was able to have the same config across all paks, but still no gamepad support in initial menu! Also, it didn't lauch it fullscreen like Paks are set up. So I guess cfg doesn't load in menu? Can anything be done about it? I use latest Openbor version.
 
...
EDIT: On second thought, disregard that.

Unfortunately, the pak menu is designed for just running the paks and doesn't have some function to configure settings. So Plombo's option is more plausible for this.
 
CRxTRDude said:
For CL, that's going to be implemented in the new Chrono Crash initiative which would ditch the OpenBOR menu and do CL instead (or so that's what I think DC would do)
Where did you get that from?  I don't remember him saying anything like that.

CRxTRDude said:
Unfortunately, the pak menu is designed for just running the paks and doesn't have some function to configure settings. So Plombo's option is more plausible for this.
That's not true at all.  We do load the configuration in the menu, and any custom control mappings from default.cfg should be in use.

*Edit* I think I misread your post, and I think you also misread his...

feral said:
Now, with your suggestion to save default cfg I was able to have the same config across all paks, but still no gamepad support in initial menu! Also, it didn't lauch it fullscreen like Paks are set up. So I guess cfg doesn't load in menu? Can anything be done about it? I use latest Openbor version.
As I said to CRxTRDude, we do load the config in the menu.  However, it doesn't currently respect the fullscreen setting (bug).  And from what I've heard, joystick support has been broken since the switch to SDL2 a couple of months ago.  That's already on my list of things to look into when I find the time.
 
Dammit, I've humiliated myself again, but just to be sure, I would like that to be on OpenBOR or in the next ChronoCrash. That way you could do a launcher thing or even better, just drag and drop a pak from anywhere on the engine and it would run.

So yeah, as Plombo said, it's nice but is not implemented.
 
As I said to CRxTRDude, we do load the config in the menu.  However, it doesn't currently respect the fullscreen setting (bug).  And from what I've heard, joystick support has been broken since the switch to SDL2 a couple of months ago.  That's already on my list of things to look into when I find the time.

Ok, looking forward to it. That's important for couch-coop retrogamers like me. Thanks for your clarification.
 
Back
Top Bottom