how to replace characters from an bor game to another?

behnam

New member
hi friends.i want to begin learning for creating the games.
and want to begin with this stage.i want to know how can i change playable characters and enemies from an mod bor game to another.like move Ryu from  street fighter  in mortal kombat.
 
behnam, I use that style too. :) I know Beastie likes SNK/KOF style due to the original BOR game, but for myself, I like Capcom/CVS style more (due to inspiration of playing CVS2). I gotta say I like CVS better. (I need to go back to learn spriting KOF style again.)

and not working.and also i think maybe the gif have problem.then copy some stand icon of kim from rocket viper 2 and copy those.and do like that i say before.this time game work but my character texture is broken and have orange color and bad graphics.what's that about? :-\

Speaking of character palettes, all sprites need to have the same color palette so that the colors don't mess up for characters. IF sprites have different color palettes from each other, colors will clash into a mess. Just to let you know how palettes go. What I do with the sprite pack is that I open one picture of a character sprite. I don't know what photoshop software you're using but I use GIMP. In GIMP, I go to Windows, Dockable Dialogs, and then Layers, for opening a layer window. You see the picture I opened is already a layer. Next I drag all the frames (e.g. Ken) from the folder to the same layer and put them there for making a palette. For example, if you have all Ryu sprites as layers instead of opened windows, you will see that Ryu has 16 color palettes are there including the background color right after you indexed to convert. That's what I do for sprite packs, but spritesheet is a different story. You will want to cut around the character sprites. What I do with character spritesheets is that I can use a program called Alfred Spritesheet Unpacker for picking sprites to cut or combine (I can't remember if I've done exporting yet). I use a sprite sheet as a palette (but needs to get indexed for all sprites per character) and if you want to apply palettes, you need to use PalApply which helps you apply color palettes for any entity.

EDIT: I forgot to mention about using Canvas size like Kong's ripping style for cropped characters, but it's optional to use canvas for characters for making uniform alignment.
 
@benham - check your PM's - I sent you a mini-mod with ryu sprites.  When I have more time I'll process the other chars sprites.

If you have problem with coding just ask here. 
maxman can hopefully answer because knows better than me about making the various things for street fighter style chars.

EDIT: BTW It's the CVS2 ones I got for - this style
index.php
 
There seems to be a problem with tapping attack button repeatedly which causes a crash. You need to use atchain 1 in the header if you have only anim attack1 so that you can do only one attack. But without using atchain, you HAVE to include anim attack, anim attack2, and anim attack3, for doing default combos. With atchain, you can use any anim attack as you want and create an attack combo for your fighter. Also, the number with atchain represents anim attack numbers. For example, if you have anim attack, anim attack2, anim attack3, and anim attack4, meaning you have 4 anim attacks with numbers, you can input your combo in atchain like this.

Code:
atchain 1 2 3

3 combo attacks

Or...

4 combo attacks

Code:
atchain 4 2 1 3

If you like to do more than 5 combo attacks, you need to create some new attack animations and include combostyle in the header. However the 4 anim attacks I told you are default. So, to have some more attack animations, you need to include maxattacks with a desired maximum number limit for your attack animations in models.txt. For instance, if you want to include 10 attack animations as your max, you can make up to 10 attack anims or less if you want.

This is where maxattacks is input with a desired max number in models.txt here as example:
Code:
maxattacks 10

Going back to combostyle, if it's 0, then the maximum attacks is 5. If it's 1, then the max for combo attacks is 12.

Look at these:
OpenBOR Default: 1 1 2 3
Guy (Final Fight): 1 1 2 3 4
Haggar (Final Fight): 1 1 2
Linn Kurosawa (AVP): 1 2 3 4 5
Ax Battler (Golden Axe): 1 2 6 0 3 3 4 0 5

Look at Guy's and Linn's. They have 5 combo attacks, so it's up to you if you want to include combostyle 0 or not. If not, it will be the same as putting combostyle 0. Now, look at Ax's combo. He's got 9 attacks in there. "How come I see some 0's there?" I think that must be the cancelling the first combo attacks for executing the second combo attacks. If you play Mr. Q's Art of Fighting mod, you will see how the players fight with cancelling combos.

Look at Ryo's:
Code:
atchain         1 1 2 3 4 0 5 6 7

Robert's:
Code:
atchain         1 1 2 3 4 0 5 6 7 0

I checked with 'time' and it's not understood because there's no such thing as 'time' for OpenBOR which I checked the log, but I don't know why it doesn't crash for it. settime is for setting a timer, and putting 0 will not let the time play. Setting to 1 for settime is stupid to and it's not considered funny at all because what if you start the game in one second and you die? You see what I mean? :) I'm just letting you know how it works.

Code:
Total Ram: 4168376320 Bytes
 Free Ram: 339140608 Bytes
 Used Ram: 3633152 Bytes

debug:nativeWidth, nativeHeight, bpp, Hz  1366, 768, 24, 60

0 joystick(s) found!
OpenBoR v3.0 Build 4153, Compile Date: Apr 22 2015

Game Selected: ./Paks/MOD.PAK

FileCaching System Init......	Disabled
Initializing video............
Reading video settings from 'data/video.txt'.
Initialized video.............	480x272 (Mode: 1, Depth: 32 Bit)

Loading menu.txt.............	Done!
Loading fonts................	1 2 3 4 Done!
Timer init...................	Done!
Initialize Sound..............	
Warning: can't play sound at 44100 Hz!
Loading sprites..............	Done!
Loading level order..........	Done!
Loading model constants......	Done!
Loading script settings......	Done!
Loading scripts..............	Done!
Loading models...............

Cacheing 'Flash' from data/chars/misc/flash.txt
Cacheing 'Ryu' from data/chars/ryu/ryu.txt
Cacheing 'none' from data/chars/misc/none.txt

Loading 'Flash' from data/chars/misc/flash.txt
Loading 'Ryu' from data/chars/ryu/ryu.txt
Loading 'none' from data/chars/misc/none.txt

Loading models...............	Done!
Object engine init...........	Done!
Input init...................	No Joystick(s) Found!
Done!
Create blending tables.......	Done!
Save settings so far........	Done!



Can't play music file 'data/music/remix'

Can't play music file 'data/music/remix'

Can't play music file 'data/music/remix'

Can't play music file 'data/music/menu'

Can't play music file 'data/music/remix'
Level Loading:   'data/levels/test.txt'
Total Ram: 4168376320 Bytes
 Free Ram: 267571200 Bytes
 Used Ram: 38027264 Bytes

Command 'time' not understood in file 'data/levels/test.txt'!

Level Loaded:    'data/levels/test.txt'
Total Ram: 4168376320 Bytes
 Free Ram: 267583488 Bytes
 Used Ram: 38162432 Bytes
Total sprites mapped: 42

EDIT: If you put atchain 1 0, it can crash because there is no combo execution. Only one attack is what you can do if that atchain has only 1. What's the use of using 0 at the last when there is only one attack? I'm letting you know just in case it happens.

 
I just wanted to send him the sprites, I didn't have time to set it all up for him.  I wanted him to do it himself ;)

I didn't want to add atchain 1 and get him confused him later.

And some stuff I copied from another mod real quick and they probably had the time set wrong :p

 
BeasTie said:
I just wanted to send him the sprites, I didn't have time to set it all up for him.  I wanted him to do it himself ;)

I didn't want to add atchain 1 and get him confused him later.

And some stuff I copied from another mod real quick and they probably had the time set wrong :p
thanks friends i see what can i do !!! ;)
 
behnam said:
BeasTie said:
I just wanted to send him the sprites, I didn't have time to set it all up for him.  I wanted him to do it himself ;)

I didn't want to add atchain 1 and get him confused him later.

And some stuff I copied from another mod real quick and they probably had the time set wrong :p
thanks friends i see what can i do !!! ;)
i just download it but i can't extract it.it cause error and cant extract to see what it is.i think the link is broken .
 
BeasTie said:
I just wanted to send him the sprites, I didn't have time to set it all up for him.  I wanted him to do it himself ;)

I didn't want to add atchain 1 and get him confused him later.

And some stuff I copied from another mod real quick and they probably had the time set wrong :p

Ohhhhhh..... I see now. I couldn't tell who made it though. :P I meant to help but I guess I was too quick or early to post feedback. :-[
 
BeasTie said:
@benham
You'll need 7-zip to extract it.
http://www.7-zip.org/

Or try downloading it again.

@maxman - btw utunnels updated it so we can just use 'ATCHAIN 0'  for non combat chars.
i can open it know thanks.
1-when i push attack button rapidly the game crashed.why and what can i do for fix?
2-i use to another anim attack but it didn't work.why and what should i do for create another animaition such attacks-run-jump or other for character.
3-how should i create an enemy for test.
is any c like programming or coding for this anims or just do in txt is OK?like the samples?
thanks.
 
1-when i push attack button rapidly the game crashed.why and what can i do for fix?

benham, read my post here. I explained about how to use atchain.

http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index.php?topic=2270.msg30617#msg30617

Example for putting the atchain in the header:
name ryo
type player
health 100
mp 100
mprate          1
chargerate      4
speed 9
running 25 3 3 1 0
jumpheight 4
noquake 1
nodieblink 2
makeinv 3
riseinv 2
gfxshadow 1
holdblock 1
dust            dust
candamage enemy obstacle
weapons Ryobike Ryo
diesound        data/sounds/ryode.wav
combostyle      1
atchain        1 1 2 3 4 0 5 6 7
icon data/chars/1ryo/icon.gif
parrow          data/chars/0misc1/player1.gif  -36 -145
parrow2        data/chars/0misc1/player2.gif  -36 -145
parrow3        data/chars/0misc1/player3.gif  -36 -145

It doesn't have to be too long though. Try to download the Neo Edit Pack in the downloads and the OpenBOR manual.

Example for inputting maxattacks in Models.txt:

ajspecial 1
nodropen 1
nolost    1
autoland  2
blockratio 1
spdirection 1 1 1
versusdamage 0
nodropen  1
maxattacks 10
maxfollows 10
maxfreespecials 15

#players stuff
load Flash0        data/chars/0misc1/flash0.txt
load Flash        data/chars/0misc1/flash.txt
load Flash2        data/chars/0misc1/flash2.txt
load Flash3        data/chars/0misc1/flash3.txt
load Flash4        data/chars/0misc1/flash4.txt
load Flashb        data/chars/0misc1/flashb.txt
load blooda        data/chars/0misc1/blooda.txt
load bloodb        data/chars/0misc1/bloodb.txt
load exel          data/chars/0misc1/exel.txt
load kohkn        data/chars/0misc1/kohkn.txt
load haskk        data/chars/0misc1/haskk.txt
load kohkn2        data/chars/0misc1/kohkn2.txt
load haskk2        data/chars/0misc1/haskk2.txt
load hsken        data/chars/0misc1/hsken.txt
load pwwv          data/chars/0misc1/pwwv.txt
load pwgs          data/chars/0misc1/pwgs.txt
load wwup          data/chars/0misc1/wwup.txt
load scup          data/chars/0misc1/scup.txt
load dust          data/chars/0misc1/dust.txt
load repk          data/chars/0misc1/repk.txt
load rstorm        data/chars/0misc1/rstorm.txt

#characters
load Ryo          data/chars/1ryo/ryo.txt
load Ryobike      data/chars/1ryo/ryobike.txt
load Robert        data/chars/1robert/robert.txt
load Robcar        data/chars/1robert/robcar.txt
load Yuri          data/chars/1yuri/yuri.txt
know Terry        data/chars/fterry/terry.txt
know Andy          data/chars/fandy/andy.txt
know Joe          data/chars/fjoe/joe.txt

#enemies
know punk1        data/chars/2punk1/punk1.txt
know punk2        data/chars/2punk2/punk2.txt
know punk3        data/chars/2punk3/punk3.txt
know punk4        data/chars/2punk4/punk4.txt
know rat          data/chars/2rat/rat.txt
know lucky        data/chars/2lucky/lucky.txt
know brian        data/chars/2brian/brian.txt
know heid          data/chars/2heid/heid.txt
know bikera        data/chars/4bike1/bikera.txt
know bikerb        data/chars/4bike1/bikerb.txt
know bikerc        data/chars/4bike1/bikerc.txt
know biker1        data/chars/4bike2/biker1.txt
know biker2        data/chars/4bike2/biker2.txt
know biker3        data/chars/4bike3/biker3.txt
know shoto1        data/chars/2shoto1/shoto1.txt
know shoto2        data/chars/2shoto2/shoto2.txt
know todo          data/chars/3todo/todo.txt
know jack          data/chars/3jack/jack.txt
know jack2        data/chars/3jack/jack2.txt
know king          data/chars/3king/king.txt
know king2        data/chars/3king/king2.txt
know lee          data/chars/3lee/lee.txt
know lee2          data/chars/3lee/lee2.txt
know micky        data/chars/3micky/micky.txt
know micky2        data/chars/3micky/micky2.txt
know john          data/chars/3john/john.txt
know john2        data/chars/3john/john2.txt
know big          data/chars/3big/big.txt
know big2       data/chars/3big/big2.txt
know Karate        data/chars/3karate/karate.txt
know Eiji          data/chars/5eiji/eiji.txt
know Billy        data/chars/5Billy/Billy.txt
know Billy2        data/chars/5Billy/Billy2.txt
know sold1        data/chars/2sold1/sold1.txt
know sold2        data/chars/2sold2/sold2.txt
know sold3        data/chars/2sold3/sold3.txt
know ghost1        data/chars/4bike2/ghost1.txt
know ghost2        data/chars/4bike2/ghost2.txt
know ghost3        data/chars/4bike2/ghost3.txt
know geese        data/chars/5geese/geese.txt
know geesed        data/chars/5geese/geesed.txt
know gagent        data/chars/5geese/gagent.txt

BeasTie said:
@maxman - btw utunnels updated it so we can just use 'ATCHAIN 0'  for non combat chars.

Really? Can it work for players too?
 
BeasTie said:
@benham - I sent you PM, but just ask here instead of PM me or things will get answered twice.
here is my txt now but like the past ryu just do one punch.
name Ryu
type player
health 100
mp 100
speed 9
gfxshadow 1
atchain 1 1 2 2 3


icon data/chars/ryu/icon.png 1

palette data/chars/ryu/idle00.png







anim attack1
loop 0
offset 120 176 #USE THIS OFFSET FOR ALL ANIMS
delay 4
frame data/chars/ryu/341.png
frame data/chars/ryu/342.png
frame data/chars/ryu/343.png
frame data/chars/ryu/344.png
frame data/chars/ryu/345.png
frame data/chars/ryu/346.png


anim attack2
loop    0
offset  120 176
delay  4
frame data/chars/ryu/347.png
frame data/chars/ryu/348.png
frame data/chars/ryu/349.png
frame data/chars/ryu/350.png
frame data/chars/ryu/351.png
frame data/chars/ryu/352.png
frame data/chars/ryu/353.png
frame data/chars/ryu/354.png
frame data/chars/ryu/355.png


anim attack3
loop    0
offset  120 176
delay  4
frame data/chars/ryu/356.png
frame data/chars/ryu/357.png
frame data/chars/ryu/358.png
frame data/chars/ryu/359.png
frame data/chars/ryu/360.png
frame data/chars/ryu/361.png
frame data/chars/ryu/362.png




anim idle
loop 1
offset 120 176
delay 10
frame data/chars/ryu/idle00.png
frame data/chars/ryu/idle01.png
frame data/chars/ryu/idle02.png
frame data/chars/ryu/idle03.png
frame data/chars/ryu/idle04.png
frame data/chars/ryu/idle05.png
frame data/chars/ryu/idle06.png




anim walk
loop 1
offset 120 176
delay 10
frame data/chars/ryu/walk00.png
frame data/chars/ryu/walk01.png
frame data/chars/ryu/walk02.png
frame data/chars/ryu/walk03.png
frame data/chars/ryu/walk04.png
frame data/chars/ryu/walk05.png



anim waiting #ANIMATION IN SELECT SCREEN
loop 1
offset 120 176
delay 10
frame data/chars/ryu/idle00.png
frame data/chars/ryu/idle01.png
frame data/chars/ryu/idle02.png
frame data/chars/ryu/idle03.png
frame data/chars/ryu/idle04.png
frame data/chars/ryu/idle05.png
frame data/chars/ryu/idle06.png



anim select #ANIMATION IN SELECT SCREEN
loop 0
offset 120 176
frame data/chars/ryu/select00.png
frame data/chars/ryu/select01.png
frame data/chars/ryu/select02.png
frame data/chars/ryu/select03.png
frame data/chars/ryu/select04.png
frame data/chars/ryu/select05.png
frame data/chars/ryu/select06.png



also befor this txt my atchain is atchain 1 2 3 but did not work.
and here my model txt

# Required objects. These must always be loaded.

maxattacks  3



load Flash data/chars/misc/flash.txt

# Players must also be loaded.

load Ryu data/chars/ryu/ryu.txt


load none data/chars/misc/none.txt  #FAKE ENEMY TO MAKE TEST LEVEL
 
@maxman - yeah it does, so you can make 'jumping only' style platform chars for example.  Or just disable it for whatever reason.

@benham

it's in the manual below atchain

Code:
combostyle {bi}

    ~Controls how 'atchain' works.
        0 = (Default) Static combo system
        1 = Dynamic combo system
        2 = Free combo system
    ~With 'combostyle 1', various attack chain can be set with this command. For instance, 'atchain 1 2 5 0 3 3 6 0 4 0' have 3 kinds of attack chain in it.
    ~The attack chains are selected by 'range' specified in respective attack (excluding ATTACK1). In above example, if ATTACK2 can't reach target, attack chain will switch to ATTACK3. If the latter hits, the attack chain becomes '1 3 3 6'. If the latter misses, attack chain will switch to ATTACK4.
    ~With 'combostyle 2', attack chain will be performed even if none of the attacks connects (Streets of Rage 3 style)
 
The default number for maxattacks is 4. There's no need to decrease the default number. Using 3 for maxattacks is pointless. Max means high. There's no reason to put limit value of 3 for maxattacks. 4 and higher is better, but 3, there shouldn't be lower maxattacks like that. It's like putting maxattacks 1.

EDIT: Dang! I didn't know there's combostyle 2 for the header.

EDIT2: I advise you not to use maxattacks 3 and lower. It's not good for use. Also, if you're using 3 anim attacks, there's no need to use maxattacks unless you need anim attack4 and so on with attack animations with values.

EDIT3: I apologize for not mentioning the real default for maxattacks and I should've told you earlier that the default of maxattacks is 4. Also, if you use 3 anim attacks or less, there's no need to use it in models.txt at all. I forgot to mention it (earlier). If you like to go with more attack animations like up to 8 from 4, for instance, yes, you can use it in models.txt.
 
hey guys.have some question
in the pack you send me i can't edit something new just can edit what it is.like i can add new enemy and character just can edit the one you beast tie send me as none.when i put some spirit in misc folder and add anime in none txt it work but when change the names like enemy name and txt name(i change the names in all model txt and etc...) the game crashed.
first i want to know why i can't create any character or new enemy.
2-i want to know how make enemy being hit and can hit?
3-some complete advise for creating enemy and actions that i can make an test for my mod.
4-about bbox and offset i want to know how can i calculate them and get them from?
thanks.
 
Back
Top Bottom