• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Art Gameboy Pixel Art

The thread is some time of visual artwork like sketch, painting, or sprite work.

msmalik681

OpenBOR Developer
Staff member
Found a video advising to try pixel art with only 4 colours like on the original gameboy.  It sounded like fun so I gave it a try.  I made a fake game screen shot and I had fun doing it  ;D

Congrats, this is very cute, I like the style ;). This could fun to have a phase on an Openbor game in black and white like remembering the past and old fights :)

Looks cool. I always wanted to make a game with GameBoy colors, but that green-ish palette
images

O Ilusionista I found that colour palette online but the 2 greens on the right are almost the same so I did not use that one.

Restricting yourself to 4 colours removes the hassel of picking the right colour palette and concentrate on the picture more.  I fell like I could have made a whole game using this art style but I already have a full plate right now.

Cool , i tried gameboy style too, IMO pixel art is hard because you have to know contrast and volume/shading, i dont do that when im animating so my anims look flat.
I think to be good at sprites/pixel art you have to be great artist and know colors, shadows,highlights and all that.
Funny thing is (or sad) that i would not pursue pixel art to create my own characters cause i struggled with it too much, so i found other way to animate characters and now i can draw whatever i want.
Yes it is in my style that is not as appealing as some actual pixel art but it still encouraged me to create more and gave me hope.
Learning pixel art , decent pixel art is HARD even if you can paint and know colors.shadows and light.

Back
Top Bottom