Asking for a tip to discover secret moves.

Tull

Member
I would like some tip to discover where are listed the special moves in the games, because sometimes they aren't mentioned in the "How to play". I unpacked an openbor pak and I checked this link for the syntax.
https://dcemulation.org/?title=OpenBORManual#Offense_.26_Defense

Which text file I should search for hidden moves, and are these moves listed in the "same" text file for every openbor game?
 
I guess it's this and yesterday I overlooked it.

Code:
com D U A freespecial
com U D A freespecial
com D D A freespecial2
com U U A freespecial3
com a2 freespecial4
com D D K freespecial4
com a4 freespecial5

I was relying on finding "+" in the moves command.

Thank you.
 
You may want to search for cancel in character's text too. Some moves which are accessible from certain animations only (such as Aerial freespecial) use cancel command instead of com. cancel is declared directly in animation instead of header

Those are for non script moves however. Ones with script might require thorough search cause there's more than one way with script to make hidden move or at least to alter a move (Ex. Ralf's Galactica Phantom (Crime Buster v2.5) is chargable by holding S, charging time defines attack power and unblockability)
 
Thank you for sharing another tip, now I see that "com" stands for input. Too bad that the scripted moves are trickier to find, but it should be fine by searching for the input keys (input key + space in the search option) at random. I was never a fan of secret moves, for them being secret, hehehe.
 
Back
Top Bottom