• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

uTunnels / MatMan

its been a long time, glad to see you here ! Im off/on myself for a couple of months but i never really left, you plan to tinker with some code ? Have to ask cause i know this question is on peoples minds.

@Orochi_X, you should check out some of the things released while you were gone. I once made a statement about how you could build or even surpass SOR Remake with an OpenBOR module, but why anyone want to? I believe you replied in jest "for four players". Turns out someone here was a big enough maniac to do it, and then some. @Kratus's SOR2X is something you have to see!

These guys are no joke either:

@Mr.Q! is still here and still kicking a** as usual as well. You should see his latest Double Dragon and Final Fight projects.

All that said... some things never change. We're still debating what the heck your skipselect feature is supposed to do to this day! :ROFLMAO:

DC

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sorry for my (silent) reaction OX, but I'm totally glad to see you again. (Excited) Your Arkanoid style was one of those things that made me realize that Open Beats of Rage has a plethora of possibilities especially creating different types of genres you like and never made before, which they will be made possible.

Thank you @Bloodbane and @maxman!

@DCurrent I genuinely don't recall adding that feature. I did implement some things with how continues work and affect the score, though. So maybe 😅
Last post whenever I retire the forum will be "Hey, anybody ever figure out what @Orochi_X really wanted Skipselect to do?" :cool:

On another note, whatever happened to the tag based KOF you were working on? I imagine it succumbed to feature creep and real life but always wondered if you planned on a comeback for it. You had some crazy smart palette set ups going.

DC

Man time flies, sometimes sadly. It's already been over a year since @Orochi_X stopped in.

Someone else on my mind lately was @kbandressen. Back when OpenBOR first introduced script, he was one of the quickest adopters. He developed some really cool things and had nice looking projects for the old Valis franchise and Battle Circuit. These videos are all from over 14 years ago:

I ran a cursory search and found an Instagram with a very similar name, but not sure if it's him and it hasn't been active since 2015. Everything else that showed up (other forum accounts and his YouTube) were all abandoned about the same time he stropped coming around here. Outside of the production stuff he was just a good person in general. Anyone ever have any contact with him?

DC

Last edited:
As a Valis fan myself, I remember to have discussed with him about Valis mod but that was many years ago.
Ofc I also remember his Battle Circuit as it was the first time I saw many of those sprites ripped.

@Die_In_Fire about uTunnels, I've talked with him back in 2019 telling that his old account got deleted by inactivity (it was a forum software thing) , that he could make another one and would be very welcome.

But he moved to other things:

"Thanks. But I'm afraid I don't want to make action games anymore. And I haven't touched C code for years. I'm more a web developer now and do some side projects with limited free time, that means I'd rather focus on other things. "

Back
Top Bottom