• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Streets of Rage Custom Sprites

Maybe if @Mr.Hunter don't mind, I'll share here some of the result of 1 or 2 method that I used.
Of course, friend, I don’t mind. Publishing your work. I'll be happy about it;)

2. Conversion
I usually use sprites from different game, but I love KOF sprites the most because it's what I'm familiar to. I resized and reshade to match the source sprites. Again using source sprites as reference so the the style would be similar at best.
Pros = More variative move set
Cons = Sometimes it takes a lot of work because of the resized
The last time I worked using this method, the editor sent me (since I was trying to rework the entire sprite sheet in one fell swoop)
IMG_20240114_190931.jpg
IMG_20231215_171217.jpg
Adam SOR 1 and Kim Doo-han (from the game Street Hero) are proof of this

001.png
Here is the second example of conversion (although when this was created it was considered a redesign, but okay)

Thanks Mr. Hunter and nice job on Axel BKM conversion. Hopefully your notebook will get fix soon.

I'm gonna get back to my WIPs since my Ramadhan break are over.
I myself can’t wait until I can return again and complete everything I started a long time ago. Plus, during his absence, I started recording all my ideas on a dictaphone so as not to forget.

Plus, if you don’t always have enough references, you can try to create them yourself.
Untitled (3).png
In my case it is this mannequin. It was created purely from one question: “What does Adam’s original kick look like if you look from the front?”

The last time I worked using this method, the editor sent me (since I was trying to rework the entire sprite sheet in one fell swoop)
Nice work on Adam sprites! Can't wait to see the entire spritesheet. Your BKM Adam already is planned to be added but I can think kof adding more different versions.

Of course, friend, I don’t mind. Publishing your work. I'll be happy about it;)

View attachment 7771

PERFECTION. Looks like directly taken from some SEGA unused sprites archive. Keep working on it, please.

I'm talking about Mortal Kombat I didn’t think at that moment:)
View attachment 7777

Actually, now I’m wondering what a jump shot will look like only from a rear angle
View attachment 7778
View attachment 7779
View attachment 7781
Interesting method. Are you using Magic Poser app?
Currently working with these.

Custom rest idle. Inspired from Balrog SVC.
R Bear Idle.gif

Combo Attack. Added custom attack 2
R. Bear Combo.gif

Neutral Jump Kick. Inspired from Michael Max (Fatal Fury Genesis)
Neutral Jump Kick.gif

Running (Unfinished/WIP). Inspired from Balrog SVC
R. Bear Run.gif

Eagle run. Inspired from Shura (World Heroes Perfect).
Raven Run.gif

Excellent work! Would you agree to merge our respective works for these 2 characters?
My goal is to separate the colors / recolor them and make them complete characters
You can take a look at my sprites here : Art - Some pixels I want to show you
XtICAfP.png
uGguq3H.png

GL8QF2L.png
erxayaK.png

Last edited:
This looks very interesting. I like what I see, and I want to wish you good luck:) and patience, since I won’t be able to return to my work any time soon (A phone is a completely inconvenient place for pixels, especially without a stylus)

@GekiPurple Look what I tried to fix for that jump shot. I couldn’t touch the rest properly because my Pixel Studio went a little crazy because of which the color palette went wrong.

View attachment 7589

Plus my little guess for Dragon Smash.
View attachment 7591
One frame, I know it’s not enough, but I’m trying to put all my patience into the phone
Please @Mr.Hunter @GekiPurple , kindly consider completing this Axel BKM for SOR1. It really turned out very interesting!

That looks alr but doesn't look much like his SoR1 Stance, you gotta move the legs a bit same for the arms
The intention was to make a new stance, GekiPurple. But I'm not doing so well yet... I made two more sprites, but it's not having the effect I'd like in the end... take a look:

Attachments

• Axel-Teste-Gif.gif
    Axel-Teste-Gif.gif
    4 KB · Views: 9
Last post before my 12 hours train ride. I'm going to move to another city and getting back my old job. Hopefully I can still have time to make sprite edits.

Zamza expansions move set:

Custom Walk
I really wanted him to walk similar to Blanka but end up not liking the feet movement so I changed it inspired by Bludge (C&D). Maybe I should've used Wolvie walk, oh well. But there's a lot Wolvie inspired moves are planned. Excuse the blurry gifs.
output-onlinegiftools (3).gif
Custom Attack 1 and Attack 2 Combo
Attack 1 inspired from Logan mugen char by Wou (Great spritework btw) and Attack 2 taking inspired from Choi (KOF). Added stretch in Attack 2 last frame to give it more impact feels.
output-onlinegiftools (4).gif
At first I make his defensive special using his uppercut and make him spinning, but it's way too similar to Axel so I scrapped that idea.
output-onlinegiftools (5).gif
End up using Wolverine (GBA) move. Gonna edit his hair movement and effects later.
output-onlinegiftools (6).gif
I really like what Kratus did with Zamza in his game, but I don't wanna use his slide for his Defensive Special and used his Uppercut instead. And his Slide become his 2 Stars Blitz.

Custom 3 Stars Blitz
Combine his slide and Wolverine inspired spinning Claw. Gonna edit similar to Wolvie later.
output-onlinegiftools (7).gif22.gif
Rage
Same as SORX, his Rage is him slashing and spins his claws (using edited scrapped Defensive Special above) before finish it with spinning uppercut.
output-onlinegiftools (8).gif
To Do Lists:
- Cleaning and Reshading. Adding hair movement here and there.
- Jump Attack & Jump Special
- Back Attack
- Vault
- Grabbed throw
- Throws

Credits:
Wou for his Logan Mugen char
Gsaurus for his Pancake tools

Last post before my 12 hours train ride. I'm going to move to another city and getting back my old job. Hopefully I can still have time to make sprite edits.
Great job as always :) Now that the game has a code to switch between different playable character versions, we can use the edits to build some customs.

I really like what Kratus did with Zamza in his game, but I don't wanna use his slide for his Defensive Special and used his Uppercut instead. And his Slide become his 2 Stars Blitz.
In the SORX, the Zamza's slide is the offensive forward special, the defensive special (static) indeed is the uppercut. I'm curious about how you are modifying and testing the changes.

@seahorses wow, nice work!
Thanks, O. I need to play your game (Avengers UBF) again to get some inspiration.
Great job as always :) Now that the game has a code to switch between different playable character versions, we can use the edits to build some customs.

In the SORX, the Zamza's slide is the offensive forward special, the defensive special (static) indeed is the uppercut. I'm curious about how you are modifying and testing the changes.
Thanks Kratus. To tell you the truth I didn't test it anywhere. It's all in my head because I only know some basic code so for now I just made the edits and hopefully it looks good in game.

Just arrive, and need some shut eye.

Thanks Kratus. To tell you the truth I didn't test it anywhere. It's all in my head because I only know some basic code so for now I just made the edits and hopefully it looks good in game.

Just arrive, and need some shut eye.
You have good ideas, I'm hyped for your SOR1 Axel spritesheet :)

Back
Top Bottom