• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Street Fighter 2 Openbor

I'm in the process of updating Street Fighter 2 game. I hope you like it because I'll be putting it up for download soon. At the moment, what you have to download is an outdated version, but good to play.

Alex Kenjudo (personagem secreta)

link removed *danno

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: NED
Buddy, this is not "your game". You just took @bWWd Super Fighting Spirit - a very well known member here -, changed one character name, changed some backgrounds (and we can clearly see where since they have palette issues), without any trace of credits for the original author and is calling this "your game".

Just compare with the original game:

It's a shame that some brazilians always choose this route, because they make all of us (I am brazilian too) to look bad :(
Thanks God people already known me and other brazilians here which don't do this kind of stuff.

What a bad way to introduce yourself in the forum...

In portuguese, to make easier to understand:

Amigo, este não é “seu jogo”. Você apenas pegou o Super Fighting Spirit do bWWD - um membro muito conhecido por aqui -, mudou o nome de um personagem, mudou alguns fundoss (e podemos ver claramente quais pq eles têm problemas de paleta), sem qualquer vestígio de créditos para o autor original e tá chamando isso de "seu jogo".

Basta comparar com o jogo original:

É uma pena que alguns brasileiros sempre escolham esse caminho, porque eles fazem com que todos nós (eu também sou brasileiro) tenham a reputação marcada :(
Graças a Deus já me conhecem e outros brasileiros aqui que não fazem esse tipo de coisa.

Que maneira ruim de se apresentar no fórum...

Last edited:
Buddy, this is not "your game". You just took @bWWd Super Fighting Spirit - a very well known member here -, changed one character name, changed some backgrounds (and we can clearly see where since they have palette issues), without any trace of credits for the original author and is calling this "your game".

Just compare with the original game:

It's a shame that some brazilians always choose this route, because they make all of us (I am brazilian too) to look bad :(
Thanks God people already known me and other brazilians here which don't do this kind of stuff.

What a bad way to introduce yourself in the forum...

In portuguese, to make easier to understand:

I was about to say the same thing. I don’t want to be unwelcoming to a new member, but this is the kind of stuff that drives away creators.

It's not so much the game itself. It's the duplicity. We share here and make derivatives of each other’s projects all the time. However, we do so honestly and with respect. Taking credit for work you did not do makes a very poor impression.

DC

Last edited:
Yes, you should at least mention the creator.
Not just pretent you did it from scratch.
Basically it looks, plays, smelle like the source game.
I also used this game as a base for my mod, but it have now less than 5% of the source game.
And even with that, bWWd will be in my credits and thanks.
Again, the project can be interesting but just give the sources of your edit!

EDIT : I was curious to try but, MAN, your website is full of weird links and malware, ads etc.
It freaking feels like every area you click is a way to earn money.
I really don't like when people do that, particularly with the work of other people.

Seriously, how to download this s* without having millions of ads and c* everywhere?

Last edited:
No no guys, this is totally fine with me, keep adding more stuff Alexandre, You already added a lot new stuff, its coming along nicely.
Yeah at first glance it looks very same but i do notice new stuff so, its ok if this is a beginning.
Also if you want ppl to not notice that you used my project as template - change first stages to be different ones and change lifebars,fonts this should solve it mostly.

Im totally aware that one of the things i released might serve one day as a starting template for someone elses game and its ok.
Its not like its he-man or some of the games that i did drawings to , I did not drew the sprites for ddragon and sf2 so its not really that personal of a project like he-man is, sure theres some edits in fighting spirit and personal touych but if the price is having another person making games and learning the engine - its great.
I kinda made this on in 2 weeks time so , its not a big deal for me, just try to change as much as you can and keep going .

Lets face it who did not started by tinkering with someone elses mods ? Yeah this one might be too early for a release but im glad theres more creators coming in.

I do feel that calling it Your own at this stage might be too soon, cause it looks like theres still 80% of "my stuff" in it but that is fine starting point just keep adding things and change them up, the biggest giveaway is stages.
Maybe try to extend the ones for VS fights ?

The thing is with edits like this Alexandre is that people kinda automatically treat it as an edit and not entirely new game so...
Some people will dismiss it , its just how it is when your game shows too much of someone elses games, unless theres some cool edits and mechanics .
He-man was just too big and this was just small game i did in turbo mode.
But that is me, some people might hate if someone would add even 70% of new stuff to their project and release as own, so even if some basic rules of respecting each others work apply, there are still differences between us all and what we will tolerate.
In the end - i dont lose money over it , i think he actually has more to lose if he will be known as a guy who edits other peoples projects , at least thats how i see it.

Last edited:
No no guys, this is totally fine with me, keep adding more stuff Alexandre, You already added a lot new stuff, its coming along nicely.
Yeah at first glance it looks very same but i do notice new stuff so, its ok if this is a beginning.
Also if you want ppl to not notice that you used my project as template - change first stages to be different ones and change lifebars,fonts this should solve it mostly.

Im totally aware that one of the things i released might serve one day as a starting template for someone elses game and its ok.
Its not like its he-man or some of the games that i did drawings to , I did not drew the sprites for ddragon and sf2 so its not really that personal of a project like he-man is, sure theres some edits in fighting spirit and personal touych but if the price is having another person making games and learning the engine - its great.
I kinda made this on in 2 weeks time so , its not a big deal for me, just try to change as much as you can and keep going .

Lets face it who did not started by tinkering with someone elses mods ? Yeah this one might be too early for a release but im glad theres more creators coming in.

I do feel that calling it Your own at this stage might be too soon, cause it looks like theres still 80% of "my stuff" in it but that is fine starting point just keep adding things and change them up, the biggest giveaway is stages.
Maybe try to extend the ones for VS fights ?

The thing is with edits like this Alexandre is that people kinda automatically treat it as an edit and not entirely new game so...
Some people will dismiss it , its just how it is when your game shows too much of someone elses games, unless theres some cool edits and mechanics .
He-man was just too big and this was just small game i did in turbo mode.
But that is me, some people might hate if someone would add even 70% of new stuff to their project and release as own, so even if some basic rules of respecting each others work apply, there are still differences between us all and what we will tolerate.
In the end - i dont lose money over it , i think he actually has more to lose if he will be known as a guy who edits other peoples projects , at least thats how i see it.
I think it's a great idea to give people a chance to develop into something else based on their work.

I'm not as broad-minded as I thought, so I think I'd get mentally upset if someone other than me modified a similar game, such as a certain edition.

Of course, I am in favor of the direction of development. I started with Beats of Rage.

None english post
Well guys, I kept the original credits at the end of the game... And I never mentioned or said that the game was mine...

Last edited:
And I never mentioned or said that the game was mine...
I know English is not your main language, but you said it right in the first post :

"I'm in the process of updating my Street Fighter 2 game." :)

Also, this is an English speaking place and you must post in English (it's one the forum rules). You can post in Portuguese for other Brazilians to understand, but you need to provide the English version first . Just use Google translate and it's done.

Forum rules are hard rules. You have to follow them. Notice that it's the second time someone edited your post in English. It won't be a good idea to keep doing it, because you will start to the judged by the forum rules.

We have people from all around the world here and all of them post in English. That is okay if it's not perfect ( mine aren't either) it's just to keep the place safe for everyone.

Lets face it who did not started by tinkering with someone elses mods ?
Pretty much everyone. But that is the point: we don't get other people's works, modify it and call it "ours". We already had lost a good creator - Pierwolf - thanks to "much mejor" versions of his work.

i think he actually has more to lose if he will be known as a guy who edits other peoples projects , at least thats how i see it.
That is exactly my point :)

We don't have a hard rules about credit here, but there is a soft or social one about. It's just about respect.

I can't speak for the others, but I tend to put people like that in my ignore list and I don't reply in any of their posts - even If I know the answer.

This is one of the reasons that made me drop from the admin team: I can't ignore users if I am an admin. But I can do it as a user.

As an example, remember some users who love the keep complaining about the engine in every bug they caused on their games? I simply ignore them. They can call it politics or bulling, but I don't care :)

Last edited:
OK, so I'm sorry. My English is really zero and maybe I wasn't successful in expressing myself. But I've already decided to provide more evidence to put bWWb as a partner in the game. I hope it's clearer for the judges on duty...

BWWB.jpg

judges on duty...
You're not helping yourself, friend.
No one here is a "judge on duty" nor are we here to belittle you. But we here really act as if we were a community, helping each other, and that includes having a degree of respect and consideration for everyone.

Sarcasm won't help you (and if I can give you one piece of advice, this is something that I know irritates the forum administration, and they're right).
And you continuing to post in Portuguese, even after we've explained how it works, sounds disrespectful - it's no wonder your account was mutated.

I will no longer participate in this discussion, because I don't think it will lead anywhere. And even though I know that my advice won't be heard (as it hasn't been until now), I leave you with one final piece of advice: Rethink your way of acting here. The community is incredible, there are a lot of helpful people here and you can get information straight from the source, as the engine development team is here.

You started off on the wrong foot, that's okay, it happens. It's a chance for you to rethink and participate in the community in a good way. Just don't try to start acting like "I'll do whatever I want" because that kind of attitude isn't seen well here.

I wish you luck.

(In portuguese, to make myself clear:)
Vc não está se ajudando, amigo.
Ninguém aqui está de "juiz de plantão" nem estamos aqui para menosprezar vc. Mas a gente aqui realmente age como se fosse uma comunidade, um ajudando o outro, e isso inclui ter um grau de respeito e consideração por todos.

Sarcasmo não vai te ajudar (e se eu posso te dar um conselho, isso é algo que eu sei que irrita a administração do fórum, e eles tem razão).
E vc continuar a postar em português, mesmo depois da gente ter te explicado como funciona, soa desrespeitoso - não é a toa que sua conta foi mutada.

Eu não vou mais participar desta discussão, pq acho que não vai levar a lugar algum. E mesmo sabendo que meu conselho não será ouvido (como não foi até agora), te deixo um conselho final: Repense sua forma de agir aqui. A comunidade é incrível, tem muita gente solícita aqui e vc pode ter informações direto da fonte, pois o time de desenvolvimento da engine está aqui.

Vc começou com o pé esquerdo, tudo bem, acontece. É uma chance de vc repensar e participar da comunidade numa boa. Só não tente começar a agir como "eu faço o que eu quiser" pq esse tipo de atitude não é bem vista aqui.

Te desejo sorte.

Back
Top Bottom