• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

In Progress Rhythm of Destruction MAXED OUT!

The project is currently under development.

Which New Title Can It Fit For The Rhythm Of Destruction 2 Mod

• Extended Edition

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Standard Edition

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MAXED OUT!

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • X

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Expansion

• Under Jam

• On the Jam

• Systems Jammed

• Jam Busters

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't remember Prolophis Videogamer's versions of Rhythm of Destruction at all except Women of War. Is there a sample video of someone playing his 2 versions? Are there some new stages? I have some ideas with making a very few new stages.

I don't remember Prolophis Videogamer's versions of Rhythm of Destruction at all except Women of War. Is there a sample video of someone playing his 2 versions? Are there some new stages? I have some ideas with making a very few new stages.

As a side note, Women of War was built off of a Guardian Heroes mod instead of any of the ROD mods.

I have played this game for a while, and the combat experience is pretty good. I was not disappointed at all😊, but there are too few action moves.
Also, the avatar frame, HP, and MP don't look very nice. It is recommended to change to a new avatar frame (including HP, MP)
Thanks!

Excuse me, I really like athena 2002 version.
Don't worry. That version will be in it too.

I just made a rough draft for the players' new HUD. Each one includes MP and HP, but two of them have a special meter along with the two. They look nice but I don't know which HUD would look better for this new mod. But also, it's going to be redesigned to look better for gameplay. I haven't decided on the color of the lifebar box yet.

lifebar rough draft.png

1. This HUD consists of HP, MP, and SP. The dark red bar above the blue bar and the three circles is a life bar or HP. The HP is depleted like the regular depletion from right to left when it reaches to 0. The one with three circles represents MP (as three stocks). Each stock is for gaining MP every time a player hits the enemy. When a player gives some hits to enemies, one stock appears. It's like Double Dragon when you have life box units, but this one is for MP. The MP has 3 stocks similar to some KOF games that have stocks. When a Super move is used, one stock is depleted. Performing a Hyper move requires three filled stocks. A small blue bar represents SP, which is for using a special move with higher damage. When it's used once, it will deplete to 0, and recharge slowly. But you cannot keep using it when it's charging. Wait for it until it becomes full.

2. Just a life bar and 3 stocks of MP without the covering layer behind.

3. The ten blue units represent MP, and they don't drain from up to down nor right to left. When the MP is 0 or empty, no blue units are showing. You have to attack the enemies with some hits to gain a unit. When a Super is used, it will deplete 3-4 units. A Hyper requires all full 10 units of MP to perform.

4. One small blue bar is not an MP bar. It's an SP bar. Like number 1, any special move with a higher damage is used, but the way it's depleted, it moves all the way from top to bottom. It recharges slowly like number 1. You have to wait for it to charge until it's full.

Last edited:
I have played this game for a while, and the combat experience is pretty good. I was not disappointed at all😊, but there are too few action moves.
Also, the avatar frame, HP, and MP don't look very nice. It is recommended to change to a new avatar frame (including HP, MP)
Thanks!
Because rhythm of destruction 2 mod made in openbor infancy.

Which HUD do you think would be better in levels? Let me know in the comments.
It's hard to pick cause each is used in different system. You need to specify which system you will be using here, will it use HP, MP and SP? or just HP and MP?

Thanks, Bloodbane. And I'm sorry that I didn't specify much how each system is used.

It's hard to pick cause each is used in different system. You need to specify which system you will be using here, will it use HP, MP and SP? or just HP and MP?
OK. I think I just explained the following system better. 2 for HP, MP, and SP. The other 2 for only HP and MP. I don't know which one to pick unless there's an alternative (?) different from the following systems I posted.

My opinion about choosing between HP, MP & SP and HP & MP , you need to decide how freespecials and specials are limited in this game.
If you want them to be performed freely, you probably won't need neither MP nor SP.
If you want them to be limited, MP should be enough for both.
If you want each to use different bar, then MP&SP would be needed. If you choose this, you'd need to find good reason why say freespecials cost MP while specials cost SP. A good reason example is MP auto regenerates (MP items are available though) while SP only refills when character is hit/damaged. In this setting, usually specials deal more damage than freespecials and are unblockable.

I updated a few ones, but there will be 2 new stages (with 2 new bosses) that will be added along with the original stages. Despite adding new stages, all of them will be created to match the current screen resolution. Plus, there will be some new enemies on the way. I already came up with one, but others, not yet.

I animated the ocean in stage 1 only.

I will update these later.

Back
Top Bottom