• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Native iOS Port of OpenBOR: early, but working!

Thank you @magggas , it's an honor to receive positive feedback especially from an OpenBOR veteran like you :)

Thank you man, besides the talent and skills you are also very kind!

@ So I finally reworked the folder system to work with our source code it was a lot harder then I thought it would be and I hope I did not break anything along the way so please test this IPA it should be exactly the same as the previous one this is just to confirm nothing is broken.

also can you test this 32bit version

@ So I finally reworked the folder system to work with our source code it was a lot harder then I thought it would be and I hope I did not break anything along the way so please test this IPA it should be exactly the same as the previous one this is just to confirm nothing is broken.

also can you test this 32bit version

Thanks a lot for your work man! Okay i tested both, the normal 64bit works normally as expected.
As for the 32bit one, these don't work on any 64bit device anymore so i can't really test how it really works with my devices, but i still did install it just to make sure that you really successfully made it 32bit. And yes you did, because after installing it, when i tried to open the app it said it need to be updated to 64bit to run.

So in conclusion i can say you were successful with both versions!

Thanks but from what i have read any 64bit phone can run 32bit apps but anyway i will test on my iphone 3gs that is already jailbroken.

Thanks but from what i have read any 64bit phone can run 32bit apps but anyway i will test on my iphone 3gs that is already jailbroken.

Well yes and no. Your 64bit device has to be on iOS 10 or earlier since iOS 11 droped support for 32bit apps. As you can read in this page, as of iOS 11, all 32-bit apps installed on device will not launch.

So yeah, this kind of stuff makes me thinking if it's even worth it to support 32bit, because with older iOS you are missing a lot of features too, like official ps4, ps5 and xbox controllers support that added since iOS 13 for example. But anyway that's of course up to you to consider whether it's worth it or not.

Last edited:
I managed to get this working with xcode command line tools 6.4 using macosx high sierra. Newer version don't work right now so if i can support older devices i don't see the harm.

I managed to get this working with xcode command line tools 6.4 using macosx high sierra. Newer version don't work right now so if i can support older devices i don't see the harm.
Sure, if it’s no hassle to you, the more support the better. You are doing a great job man!

@magggas The 32bit port did not work on my iphone 3gs and jailbreaking my iphone 6 was a fail.

Lets move on I took a stab in the dark at trying to fix the touchscreen buttons layout not sure this will work but lets test:

@magggas The 32bit port did not work on my iphone 3gs and jailbreaking my iphone 6 was a fail.

Lets move on I took a stab in the dark at trying to fix the touchscreen buttons layout not sure this will work but lets test:

Just tested and the button layout is now correct!
It's a shame that you still did not manage to run it on any of your devices, that would have speed up the testing for you. Anyway i'm here to gladly test as fast as possible each time.

@magggas this is just a quick test it probably wont work but please try.

@magggas this is just a quick test it probably wont work but please try.

Okay, i just did a quick test and it works normally, i did not see any differences. Is there anything specific i should check?

Wow i cant believe it that is great news i was trying to update the project to work with more recent distros but exporting to ipa without signing is difficult but this simple method worked somehow. Ok i may send 1 more test build after automating this process.

@magggas here is another quick test

Can I ask what part of the world you from just so I know the time difference.

@magggas this one was built with latest xcode if it works then I need to add some option to compile the ipa with the pak file and we can have official games on the apple app store. If that is something anyone here wants to do please contact me.

@magggas this one was built with latest xcode if it works then I need to add some option to compile the ipa with the pak file and we can have official games on the apple app store. If that is something anyone here wants to do please contact me.

This one is also working fine too.
By the way, at some point you should also try to fix the remain touch controls issues if it gonna be on the appstore. The issues were the Directional buttons are not fluid and kind of buggy when you try diagonal movements and the 6 action buttons are a bit too small. Like 5 times smaller of how they are on android.

so my iphone 6 is jailbroken I found some linux software to sideload ipa direct to the phone but it does not work with the openbor ipa i made. @magggas what method did you use to get the ipa i sent working on your phone.

so my iphone 6 is jailbroken I found some linux software to sideload ipa direct to the phone but it does not work with the openbor ipa i made. @magggas what method did you use to get the ipa i sent working on your phone.
That’s weird especially since you are jailbroken. Anyway, for my non-jailbroken iPhone 11 pro max on iOS 16.2, i used Sideloadly because all the opebor ipas never worked when i installed them with Altstore as i mentioned before.
Now from what i have seen after a google search, you probably used AltLinux for sideload, which is actually the Altstore that is not working.
Also one more thing about Altstore, this is actually meant for non-jailbroken devices and is signing the apps using a free developer account, that will make the app only work for one week. And it’s also known to not be compatible with every app. While the jailbreak should bypass this official Apple signing method and not having this limitations for sidelong apps.
You just need to have installed the esencial things on your device after jailbreaking like AppSynchUnified, so that you can then install everything without limitations.

Now to do so, i also found another tool for linux called appdb Rickpactor but of course i have no clue if it works.
So you should definitely install AppSynchUnified first, and then try appdb Rickpactor for sideload

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom