• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

MUGEN on android works great in 60fps

bWWd

Hey guys its just a heads up cause i had no idea, i have snapdragon 835 phone (pixel2xl) and i tested mugen with exagear , its kinda like wine to run windows applications and im very susprised, it works great and i can use gamesir x2 gamepad to play in kinda like on psp ,there is no lag at all and no slowdowns most of the time unless stages are badly coded with lots of layers for no reason but installing directx9c when running exagear helps a lot, dont install new directx11 libraries.
I run it in 640x480 and edit mugen.cfg to change to native resolution which is sometimes 320x240 or 400x250 with some games even tho they had 640x480 and 600x500 (twice the size) , scaling to original size and zooming in helps.
I wish they included some support and native options for usb gamepads (there is support for usb keyboars and you can play right away like on PC when you connect keyboard to phone with otg cables)
Overall its great to play 2 on 2 mugen fights on portable console with fullspeed.
Anyone recommends some full mugen games that are well done ? I mean not spammed character select screen with whatever whoever, Ive got MKXT to play mortal kombat and its really nicely done, im looking for some marvel vs capcom now.
For gamepad im using gamepad+.

Last edited by a moderator:
bWWd dunno if you are into mega man, but I am working with some friends on a versus styled mega man game
https://gamejolt.com/games/robotmastermayhem/405160

Yes! It helps a lot with Exagear usage. Because, The windows app can install games directly onto your Android device by using a virtual desktop. Installed programs can connect to the internet through the app, so online gaming and web browsing are possible.

MUGEN is a popular open-source fighting game engine that allows users to create and customize their own 2D fighting games. The game engine is designed to run on Windows, but it is possible to run MUGEN on Android devices using emulation software.

One such software is Exagear, which is a virtual machine that allows you to run Windows applications on Android devices. Exagear is not available on the Google Play Store, but you can download the APK file from the Exagear website or other third-party app stores.

With Exagear installed on your Android device, you can run MUGEN and other Windows applications on your mobile device. However, the performance of MUGEN on Exagear may depend on the specifications of your device and the version of Exagear you are using.

If your device has a powerful processor and sufficient RAM, you should be able to run MUGEN smoothly at 60fps. However, if your device is older or has lower specifications, you may experience lag or other performance issues.

Overall, running MUGEN on Android using Exagear is possible, but it may require some tweaking and optimization to get the best performance. It is also important to note that using third-party apps and software to run games or other applications may have legal and ethical implications, so it is important to use them responsibly and in compliance with the terms and conditions of the software and game developers.

Last edited:
MUGEN is a popular open-source fighting game engine that allows users to create and customize their own 2D fighting games. The game engine is designed to run on Windows, but it is possible to run MUGEN on Android devices using emulation software.

One such software is Exagear, which is a virtual machine that allows you to run Windows applications on Android devices. Exagear is not available on the Google Play Store, but you can download the APK file from the Exagear website or other third-party app stores.

With Exagear installed on your Android device, you can run MUGEN and other Windows applications on your mobile device. However, the performance of MUGEN on Exagear may depend on the specifications of your device and the version of Exagear you are using.

If your device has a powerful processor and sufficient RAM, you should be able to run MUGEN smoothly at 60fps. However, if your device is older or has lower specifications, you may experience lag or other performance issues.

Overall, running MUGEN on Android using Exagear is possible, but it may require some tweaking and optimization to get the best performance. It is also important to note that using third-party apps and software to run games or other applications may have legal and ethical implications, so it is important to use them responsibly and in compliance with the terms and conditions of the software and game developers.

Welcome to the forum @Tinda Jee. We're always happy to see new members, but please post your own content. Copy + pasting articles and AI generated output is not acceptable. Use your own voice please. :)

DC

Back
Top Bottom