• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Fighter Factory Studio

Fighter Factory Studio released! 3.7.4.4

No permission to download

O Ilusionista

Captain 80K
Fighter Factory Studio 3.6 released!
1.jpg

From Virtualltek's post at Patreon:

Hello!

Today, I'm proud to release Fighter Factory Studio 3.6. This version is the major step forward in Fighter Factory history.

Since the first version, the program was designed to edit characters, and specific tools for fonts and stages was planned (Font Factory is the only one that was born). The never released version 3.1 has BGs support, but implementing that was a challenge, as Fighter Factory 3 is, still, focused on chars, so Studio comes to the rescue. This version is designed to support a greater feature set, and it's modularity allows pretty much everything to be supported, that's my final goal.

The first step is done, backgrounds are widely used across the engine, so this editor will highly improve workflow speed and quality of life when working with this type of content. Fonts, System Pack and advanced editing/debugging features comes next.

Changes:

• Image editor no longer asks to discard changes after saving and navigating to another sprite.
• Added contiguous option to Magic Wand.
• Increased maximum Zoom level.
• An active search no longer moves cursor position while going to another editor.
• Changed format for exporting config from options to include everything in a single file.
• Welcome dialog don't show if the program finds an existing configuration.
• Improved search & replace functions to use the advanced search functionality.
• Added support to captures on regular expression replace mode (%1, %2, ...).
• Fixed some crashes while applying settings.
• Fixed selection mask not moving alongside pixels on image editor.
• Fixed a bug that might cause sprites to be incorrectly linked.
• Made changes on Sprite explorer (thumbnails) to be more generic, so now it's not exclusive to Animations editor.
• Sprite explorer can be used on Image editor to insert sprites as individual layers.
• Implemented a Play function for Image editor, so it hides all layers and then on, one at a time.
• Implemented Save layers as individual sprites (the layer's name defines the sprite identifier).
• Made a lot of changes on all presets and iconsets for the new features (including moving OnionSkin to Animations panel, which makes more sense).
• Updated the Reference Documentation (scripting documentation is on the way).
• Fixed some crashes while editing commands.
• Fixed some crashes while trying to edit a FightFX Project.
• Fixed Issues showing twice for virtual files like Animations on stages and BGs (stuff from .def).
• Updated syntax highlight for stages, storyboard, system.def and fight.def.
Implemented complete BGs support (work for Stages, Motif and Storyboard).
• Implemented Controllers panel to edit BG controllers.
• Implemented Stage panel to edit Stage specific options (affecting BG preview).

Very special thanks to all Patrons for making this possible without taking forever. You rock!

Thanks to my friends Tyler Young and Douglas Baldan for the amazing support and extensive testing.

Thanks to the community for the feedback and support all over these years of work.•

I've beta tested it and I can say its a huge step forward, because the bg editor is a game changer!

======== OLD POST =======

I bring some very good news for Mugen coders and OpenBOR coders too!
Some people already know, but it's time to announce it publicly: Fighter Factory will give support to OpenBOR (not ready yet).

Here is the original post.

Fighter Factory Studio released!

After one year of work, 13 years before release of the first edition, we are glad to launch Fighter Factory Studio to the public. This new version is a huge improvement over any previous edition.
Although it lacks some features, it's a solid base to upcoming functions that will be added. As said on previous announcements, we aim to be able to edit every single game asset, on any engine we add support. Fighter Factory was designed to be a character editor, version 3 added support to more formats, but on Studio we extend this to the maximum level.
The reworked code-base is powerful, scalable, extensible and very stable. Everything is ready for big new features like BGs editor on M.U.G.E.N's module and OpenBoR support. There's no limit for what we can do in this edition, and we have plans to extend almost all functions.
Here you can download latest version and older ones as well (including all versions from 1.0 to 3.0), and some important public content in our Blog. All exclusive content will be posted in our Patreon page.

ffd.jpg

Change log:

• Split on modules with support for multiple engines.
  • Project file explorer (will be essential for full game development).
  • OpenGL is mandatory, but a software rasterizer alternative is available too.
  • Updated to latest version of Qt framework.
  • Hybrid parser/syntax highlighter (smarter, faster and more reliable).
  • Multi-threaded (long tasks are split across all available CPU cores).
  • Import from another project can import from any supported engine too, and has collision resolution.
  • Backup function restore files by replacing them and reloading, instead of just loading the backup on memory without changes in the original files.
  • 'Project -> Save' improved. Saves all modified files and call save as for those who lives on memory only as expected, on all projects of the same 'group'.
  • 'Project -> Save as' improved. Saves all files of the current 'project group' to a new folder (copy them in its current state to a new folder). Eg.: open a character, make a copy of it on another folder to create a new one based on the first.
  • We can even make a full copy of a default engine installation to make a full game.
  • 'Project -> Run in engine' improved. All bugs solved, faster than before, and on a full game 'project group' runs on the game itself.
  • Undo, redo, cut, copy, paste, find and replace available in all editors. You can even undo complex things like changes on sprites.
  • Zoom available on code editor too.
  • Built-in image editor inside sprites editor.
  • Import replace sprites with same group/number.
  • Ability to resize one or more sprites outside image editor (you can scale all sprites with hit box adjustment/scaling in one batch).
  • Default background is set based on localcoord.
  • Contact Box drawing always use the same type as current ones (default or not), or non-default if there's none.
  • Better support for frame interpolation, including timeline controls.
  • Onion Skin on animations changed from sprite to animation/frame.
  • Complete support for high DPI displays.
  • Palette generation and 'Adapt image to palette' with better support for alpha channel (can produce anti-aliased 8bit sprites).
  • Animated GIF generation works even with non-8bit sprites (adapts to 8bit).
  • Better interface preset system (adjusts to available space and scales nicely).
  • Drag and drop support on the Organizer.
  • Sound file viewer on sounds editor (basic editing functionality will be added over time).
  • Added fold all/unfold all for code editors.
  • Improved 'Export to HTML function' (tries to detect AI commands to uncheck them).

platforms.png

M.U.G.E.N.
  • Parser groups allowed code by file type.
  • Added A1 transparency shortcut in Animations editor.
  • Added full support for frame interpolation.
  • Improved offset viewer and throw creator.
  • Fixed PCX decoding (solves some issues on portraits in SFF v1).

Requirements:

Windows (x86):Windows 7 SP1 or greater and Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=746571
Windows (x64):Windows 7 SP1 or greater and Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=746572.
Linux (64): libGL (OpenGL library) and Wine.
macOS (x64): Sierra 10.12 or greater and Wine Stable.

BIG FIX 2 for Windows users

Solves:
1) not loading def that has point character before extension.
2) crash when selecting an item in the left, then switching to another editor.
3) increased wave rendering pause time when navigating between sounds to improve responsivity.
4) Some files not being copied to ffs_x temporary folder.
5) Crash with backup on load activated.
6) Many crashes on Sprites and palettes editor (includes all sort of bugs like Import, Insert, New file, almost all functions).
7) Error on [State xyz]
8) Errors window not jumping to the right tab.
9) Crash after closing all tabs in Cns/St editor.
10) Crash after closing tabs and switch to Animations editor.
11) Window size goes outside screen boundaries in low resolution screens.
12) Can't save sprites on thumbnails panel.
13) Add sprites by file name uses the same group for all images
14) Added support for navigation using organizer.
15) Fixed a bug when black colors get painted in some part of 24bit images.

x64: https://www.sendspace.com/file/jxm1rk
x86: https://www.sendspace.com/file/k4jj1f

Just unpack and replace original files inside FFS folder by these.

Known issues:

Zoom on code editors don't increase font size of all text.
Sound suddenly stops (macOS).
Can't resize dialogs (macOS).

Schedule:

Bug fixes as soon as possible.
Public release of new builds with new features every 3 months.
Other builds exclusive to our Patrons.

Acknowledgment:

Thanks to everyone supporting our work over all these years. Very special thanks to O Ilusionista and Jesuszilla for testing this, and helping a lot as always. Thank you very much!

Bwwd,  don't take the author and myself as this, please. He is very well know for decades and I am helping him beta testing it.
As I explained above, the support is not ready yet, but I already saw it working myself, and even shown it to one of the Devs  here. It's not a hoax.

Maybe it's a language barrier, but I didn't got your point very well...

Someone had explained it to me. I understand your point, I know you are here since the start and it made you skeptical. But you can trust him :)

The idea is to bring to OpenBOR the same impact Fighter Factory did on Mugen scene: to be THE definitive editor.

Totally gonna switch to this instead of FF3. Maybe I will finally be able to successfully make a character for MUGEN?

For some reason I can't test on this at all, but testing from the same hard drive with FF3 on the same engine works just fine.  :(

O Ilusionista said:
Check if you have the requirements. They are different from the FF3 ones.

I do have them, it does every feature just fine except for the actual testing for some reason.

O Ilusionista said:
What happens, exactly?

Whenever I try testing in Studio, it brings up an error log in MUGEN, claiming it cannot read the CNS File, which does not occur in FF3.

With any character (like KFM) or with an specific one?

By the way:

Quick fix for Windows users

Solves:
1) not loading def that has point character before extension.
2) crash when selecting an item in the left, then switching to another editor.
3) increased wave rendering pause time when navigating between sounds to improve responsivity.

x64: https://www.sendspace.com/file/dgkehb
x86: https://www.sendspace.com/file/yerddm

Just unpack and replace original files inside FFS folder by these.

It was my WIP who was using the DarkWolf13 MVC2 template. In fact, everyone I've tried except KFM has caused this.

Yeah sorry i went straight to the point, and its mugen section , its cool im using FFactory as well and its a great software thats why im surprised about openbot support because it will be tough with all the scripting ad constant changes which break backward compatibility so im curious how it would be done.Congrats on being beta tester and thanks for suggesting them openbor support despite it being not easy task.
I changed my comment , lets keep it clean .

No hard feelings :)

Yes, it would be a hard task. I am talking with him about this, sometimes I reach DC to talk about some questions too.
As far as I saw, its pretty good. Things like walls, holes, platforms will be very easy to do (as easy as they are in Mugen with Fighter Factory).

Since some stuff will be changed in OpenBOR soon (like binding), he will wait to see how the things will be. As far as I can remember, he will first support the old method of attackbox. The new method will be added later (specially because the new method doesn't work with BURN, SHOCK, etc).

Very exciting news ! Im sure you can relate when talking about openbor editors, they all are kinda dangerous to use, delete some lines or swap things around, for simple characters theyre fine but once you use scripting it gets really bad really quickly. ;D

Sorry for not taking time to read everything, I think english make things really too long for me, but I still would like to ask 2 things.

-What feature can you use for openbor? (hitbox editor? level editor?...)
Out of color an palette stuffs...

-for mugen characters, is there some visual throw making mode, to display player and enemy with binding previews?

Thanks
You seems to have done something incredible...

-What feature can you use for openbor? (hitbox editor? level editor?...)
Out of color an palette stuffs...
pretty much everything. You will be able to code characters and stages, visual tool for walls, holes, platforms with drop and drag support - you will be possible to create this things just by drawing them like we do with boxes, and control the points.

I remember, for example, that when you use "seta", the editor shows it visually.

He was thinking to even support the depth (visually) for attack and body boxes.

About the throws in Mugen, yes there is a throw creator :)

Back
Top Bottom