• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Continue Bug Patch

Continue Bug Patch 1.0

No permission to download
The latest official OpenBOR version (v6391) has a well known bug in the continue timer. If all onscreen players are defeated and credit sharing is enabled, the timer instantly drops to 0, causing a game over before players may continue.

This bug is due to a very simple one line error in the engine code and I've already fixed it for upcoming versions. However, it may be some time yet as of this writing before I can prepare a release. In the meantime, you may insert this script function into your game modules as a patch.

Installation​

1. Download the package, extract, and place the included dc_bug_patch folder in data/scripts.
  2. #import the function file into your update.c and execute it in main(). An example update.c is included to show you what this looks like.
  3. You may adjust the continue countdown by passing an integer value (in seconds) to the function. See example below:

C:
#import "data/scripts/dc_bug_patch/continue_timer.c"

void oncreate()
{
}

void ondestroy()
{
}

void main()
{
    /*
    * Execute the bug patch function.
    * The numeric value is allowed
    * continue time in game seconds.
    * Native engine default is 10.
    */
    int continue_time = 15;

dc_continue_bug_patch(continue_time);
}

Extra Credit​

You don't need to stop at a patch. Use the same techniques to take control of the countdown system and build your own custom continue screens.
Reactions: machok and Kratus
Author
DCurrent
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from DCurrent

Back
Top Bottom